cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre broadband drops and "WAN DHCP client process" warnings and errors in the router log

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Colin,

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

@OCE_Chris, Ok, I read the T&C's and see if the engineer doesn't find a fault I get charged £130. 

Given the nature of this issue and that you can see issues with disconnection and speed, would I still be charged if he doesn't find the issue even though the service is problematic.  Not sure why I should have to pay on top of current plan for an issue which is completely out of my control?

Basically at this point in time I can't afford a £130!

thoughts?

thanks, Colin

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello Colin

I'd be very wary of this as I have exactly the same problem as you  - TalkTalk sent an OpenReach engineer who said, yes there was a fault, but nothing he could do about it as it was probably inside my house - not that he bothered to take a look.  In my case, I know there's nothing wrong with my house set up as it has worked for 8 years without fault until the past 6 months when my router randomly resets itself, usually in the middle of a zoom meeting or watching a film in the evening.  

Fortes
Highlighted

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the PM

The potential charge is £65. I think it's unlikely that you would be charged in this situation but unfortunately I can't rule it out completely, it would depend on the engineers findings 

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi @OCE_Chris , thanks for the reply.  Apologies if I seemed a bit abrupt but finances are a bit stretched at the moment as they are for many.

Ok, please go ahead and book the engineer.  £65 doesn't seem as scary and I would hope it does not get to that in the end.

thanks, Colin

Highlighted

Hi Colin

No problem, could you give a couple of dates and time slots when you can be available for the visit and I'll book the earliest 

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi, @OCE_Chris , in the next week, the only dates I can't do are Sat 4/7 and Monday 6/7.  Any time.

cheers, Colin

Highlighted

Hi Colin,

I've run another test prior to booking the engineer and it's failing with an error that means I'll need to book this as a non-appointed task. So this will be investigated by an Openreach engineer over the next 72 hours and they wont need access (although they may contact you directly if they do)

Chris