Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre broadband engineers

2 REPLIES 2
AngryMc
Wizz Kid

Do TT have any idea about running a fibre broadband system because it appears not.

Last contract on faster fibre  I was getting around the promised speed of 38 meg. Renewed contract and paid for speed boost , promised 70 meg ish was getting 20 ish. 4 routers later ( now on the all singing all dancing hub)  TT couldnt solve the problem of the speed boost fault so cancelled it.Now getting between 16 to 20- even less than I was getting on my previous contract.

Speed getting worse by the day and my Missus giving me earache about poor internet speeds. Info TT gave me regarding speed was not only incorrect but according to the advice I've been given could be considered fraudulent. So back to my existing problem, do they have any idea, are they  pi55ing about with my band width or what? I don't want to be passed onto their tech team as they will just taskell me the line is clear and ask me the same questions I've answered several  times previously. ANYONE any suggestions or is it simply telling TT to stuff the contract and fight the penalty cost in court?

Thanks

AngryMc

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi AngryMc,

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with your service. Line test is clear, connection looks stable and sync speed is 40Mbps

Are you running the speed tests on a device connected to your router by Ethernet cable or wifi?

Chris