Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre broadband not working

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I upgraded to fibre broadband a couple of weeks back. Yesterday was my go-live day. My internet is not working.

I was on broadband before with talktalk. The new router arrived 4 days ago and I plugged it and it was working until the go-live day. I have spoken intially with some one on live chat and they said it should work before mid-night and I had to wait and see and it didn't. Today I spoke with live chat support and I was informed that there was an issue with openreach and I would be updated by SMS, but there is no clear time and date when this issue will be resolved.

I was given a link to follow updates oncommunity centre but the chat closed before I could copy it.

I just want to raise the fact that I am now without internet. Awainting to be updated via SMS, but I don't know when this issue will be resolved or when it will not. I keep looking at the amber light on my router hoping it will change to white. My work is suspended. And it is the weekend so I dont even know if openreach working on the problem or no.

I am seriously thinking about changing my service provider as the reason I upgraded to fibre from thefirst placeisthe continued connection drops with no apparent reason. I thought it was because I was overusing my conection and wanted a better speed.

I need help.

Hazem
Highlighted
Philosopher

There will not be any staff support here until Monday.

Have you checked your home phone is still working correctly and does dialing 17070 get you a readback of the correct number ?

The support phone line is open today. 0345 172 0046, it's free to call from your TT landline.

Martin
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi HazemKamel

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests have not detected any faults. Is the router currently connected at the test socket and switched on?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I am 4 days now without internet..

I have done all the checks, 3 times. I checked equipment, checked where the cables are connected. I reset the router. I plugged the test socket. I have done all of these things 3 times over the phone and over the chat. All is good.

the last 3 days the light at the front of router was solid amber. Today it is blinking amber.

An engineer will come to visit tomorrow. I was charged for that visit just in case it is my fault I don't have internet. If it is a problem with TT or openreach,I will be reimbursed.

I always thought that you send the engineer out first and if it was the client's fault you may charge them, not the other way around! Tobe honest, it does not look well for customer serviceto do that kind of thing and expect to retain customers.

I am not happy with the way things are being handled and looks like I am going 5 days at least without internet.

Hazem
Highlighted

Hi HazemKamel

Has the engineer attended? Was this a TalkTalk or Openreach engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

The engineer is supposed to come today after 15:00.

I was told that they will give me a call the day before to confirm, but they didn't call. So I am hoping they will still make it.

They are a TT engineer.

Hazem
Highlighted

Hi HazemKamel

Thanks for your reply. Did the TalkTalk engineer attend yesterday afternoon?

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Yes, he attended.

He said the problem is with openreach. Might be the street box but he cannot access it. It will have to be an openreach engineer to do that. 

I am now 6 days without service. 

Hazem
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I have been 7 days now without internet. Not only that, but no one has updated me what is happening!

I was told that I will be kept informed with SMS or e mail about the progress -if any- with my service issue.. none of that happened.

This is not a good customer service at all. No one seems to know what the problem is and no one seems willing to fix it. This is not acceptable.

Hazem
Highlighted

Hi HazemKamel

I'm really sorry to hear that this fault is still ongoing.

I can see that an Openreach engineer visit has been arranged for 02/10/2020 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie