Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre broadband out

29 REPLIES 29
Swordfish97
Super Duper Contributor

Our fibre broadband completely dead when I attempted to access the internet this morning. Landline phone is OK, no crackling. Just broadband issues. Completely dead. Can't access customer services or tech as it says your closed, which is strange as I could always access tech if I had issues in the past. Down detector says your having problems - explanation required

Surfing from the Fenlands of Cambridgeshire and when I can from the Bay of Islands, Northland, North Island, New Zealand.
Community Team

Hi Swordfish97

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults. Is the fault still present at the moment?

Have you rebooted the router?

Thanks

Debbie

Swordfish97
Super Duper Contributor

All done Debbie, heaps of TalkTalk customers in my area and beyond reporting same problem on FB, Downdetector  and other web sites. Quite clearly there's an issue. The phone works fine. Fibre Broadband does not. Others in my area reporting ADSL is fine. I'm on FTTC and it's dead.

Surfing from the Fenlands of Cambridgeshire and when I can from the Bay of Islands, Northland, North Island, New Zealand.
Community Team

Hi Swordfish97,

An incident has now been raised for this, our engineers are investigating, if I hear anything further this afternoon I'll let you know. Apologies for any inconvenience

Thanks
Chris

Community Team

Hi Swordfish97,

There have been no further updates yet, could you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check again

Thanks

Chris

Swordfish97
Super Duper Contributor

Talktalk get this issue sorted- very many of us in our area totally fed up,  over 18 hrs now. Get it sorted very very angry 

Dam useless company, never listens , useless customer  service and use less Technical department.  I'm fuming get our internet sorted. Pathetic this length of outage. Now approaching 19 hours. Sort it on behalf of the citizens of my town of March.

Community Team

Hi Swordfish97

Apologies for this.

I've checked and this fault is still under further investigation. I will continue to monitor this and post further updates on this thread once we receive them.

Thanks

Debbie

Swordfish97
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks Debbie my fibre broadband is still out now for over 27hrs and the landline is crackling

Community Team

Hi Swordfish97

Apologies for this.

I will post back on this thread today once I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Swordfish97
Super Duper Contributor
Broadband just came back on but there's one hell of a crackle on the landline. Speed is on 60Mb,/s . I'll monitor the speed and line over the next 24hrs to see if there is an improvement.
Community Team

Hi Swordfish97

Thanks for your reply.

The incident hasn't been closed so the engineers must still be working on this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

Fenchick
First Timer

Lucky you...I'm still waiting and generally getting peed off with Talk Talk customer service, they are sh*t! Fingers crossed for Wifi very soon in March!

Community Team

Hi @Fenchick

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Fenchick
First Timer
What's the point? I was just replying to Swordfish. Us peeps in March have been without broadband now for well over a day, and no updates what so ever?
Community Team

Hi

Once further updates are available in regards to this fault then I will post on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie

Swordfish97
Super Duper Contributor
Thanks Debbie, I'm pleased to say, that my fibre broadband is still, up, although the speed is still below what is expected for Fibre plus, or Fibre Large, or what-ever its called these days. The speed is currently hovering around 62Mb/s, when really it should be around 75Mb/s, as was the case it was when first installed, and after the last engineers visit, which should be on record. The landline, is still suffering from interference, and crackling, which, was not an issue when I first reported the fault yesterday. I understand that Openreach engineers, are still sorting the issue, so as I said in an earlier post I'll keep accessing the quality of the line, my end, and the broadband speed, for the next 24hrs. At least the network, for me at present is working. I'll keep you guys appraised, and I'm sure you will keep me appraised.
Community Team

Hi Swordfish97

I've been monitoring for further updates and have been advised that our engineers are still working to restore service as a priority.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Swordfish97,

Just an update to advise that I've re-checked this and the latest update advises that the fault is still under investigation between our engineers and Openreach engineers who are still working to resolve this fault fully.

Thanks

Fenchick
First Timer
It's back for me 😀
Swordfish97
Super Duper Contributor

Yes, thanks Michelle, there's still interference on the line, and a BT wholesale speed test shows, I'm now only getting 58Mb/s down, and about 14 Mb/s up. Accessing my TT account, is slow, and doesn't always work. Besides that, I'm able to access, other areas, on the net and web, such as Sky, the BBC, etc, and stream their news channels. I am receiving emails, but via gmail, whom I am using as my primary email provider, because of multiple issues with TT, email services, over several years.

Anyway, I'll continue to monitor my network, and let you know if there's and improvement, as I should really be getting ~ 75Mb/s down, and ~18Mb/s up, which was the case when I first had fibre large installed here, and on a subsequent engineers visit, last year. 

As I said I'll monitor, stuff here, as the engineers sort out the issues with our locality. Please keep me informed of any updates.