cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre broadband out

Community Team

Hi Fenchick,

Thanks for the update 🙂 I've checked and we've not received an additional update as yet, however we'll continue to monitor this.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Swordfish97,

We've now received an update to advise that the fault has now been closed/resolved. Are you still experiencing any noise on the line at the moment?

Thanks

Swordfish97
Super Duper Contributor

Yes Michelle, there is still noise on the line, and my broadband speed is below the recommended speeds, for my package, which is probably due to that interference and noise. The FTTC, green box, is only around the corner, and I should be getting speeds of 75Mb/s down, and 18Mb/s up. its down as I said to less than 60Mb/s down and around 14Mb/s up, which is not satisfactory, for the package I am on. The last time this occurred, an Openreach engineer found issues, in the locality, not related to our property, wiring or equipment. As I said no problems with interference before this outage. Perhaps we might need another visit, to get this back up to speed, unless you guys can sort it from your end.

Surfing from the Fenlands of Cambridgeshire and when I can from the Bay of Islands, Northland, North Island, New Zealand.
Community Team

Hi Swordfish97

Please can you confirm if the noise is still present with a corded handset at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

We can then escalate this fault over to Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

Swordfish97
Super Duper Contributor

Already done Debbie, there is still noise..

And fibre broadband is still below whats expected for this package

Surfing from the Fenlands of Cambridgeshire and when I can from the Bay of Islands, Northland, North Island, New Zealand.
Community Team

Hi Swordfish97

Thanks for your reply.

As the line tests are all clear I will send you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an engineer visit to the property.

I've sent you a Private Message.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Swordfish97

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have provisionally arranged this engineer visit for Monday 11/11 AM (8am - 1pm)

I will post back shortly to confirm once this appointment has been confirmed by Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Swordfish97

The engineer visit has now been confirmed for 11/11/2019 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Swordfish97
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks Debbie, and others OCE's involved

Openreach engineer has been out, and speeds have improved etc.

I'll monitor my network over the next 14 days, while DLM, is balancing my connection..

If I have any further problems , I will of course contact you guys

Swordfish97

Community Team

Hi Swordfish97

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let us know us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie