So I moved over to TalkTalk FF a couple of months ago (just before the lockdown). Initially didn’t notice any problems with the connection, but after the last couple months at home have began noticing more and more the internet is so slow i can’t load a website or connect to Netflix etc. Have began running speed tests at different times of the day and noticed an acceptable speed (although not nearly as high as my line is supposedly capable of) usually in the morning; then becoming very intermittent for the rest of the day/night with speeds between 0.5mb and 14mb.
i have checked all the connections and restarted the hub and all the other recommended standard checks and advice. Was wondering where I can go from here?
Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-
1. Were the speed tests done on Wi-Fi or Wired (Ethernet) connections & what sort of speed did you get when it was acceptable?
2. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it)?
3. If you log on to the router, please can you provide the DSL line statistics from it (when I know the exact router I will be able to tell you how to find this information?
4. What is the exact status of the lights on the front of the router when this happens?
5. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they?
Can you please update your community profile to include your:
We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.