Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre broadband

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Team Player
  • I'm having a problem with my fibre broadband, it keeps switching off every 30 minutes and is driving me mad!, a week ago, i had an electricity check by my Landlord (had no choice) and my electricity was switched off for about 10 - 15 minutes, since then, I've had a problem, my router isn't showing any problems (light is still white and doesn't change) and no flickering, have no idea what the issue is?, can someone help please, it's happening on all sites and when i look at the status bar says 'no internet'!!, i then re connect, then it does it again!!
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Redlady

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Do you experience this issue with wired devices or is this only affecting wireless?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Debbie, thank you for getting back to me!, I only use wireless, it's only been happening since my electricity was switched off for a while, as I said, my router shows no signs of change, so don't know what the problem could be?, it's driving me mad, can't watch films/tv without my internet closing down, tried to watch a film last night and it happened 15 times!!, my laptop was new, only four years old!

Highlighted

Hi Redlady,

Ok thanks for confirming this. Could you try factory resetting the router and then retesting the stability again.

Restore your router to factory settings

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Michelle, thank you for that!, i've reset my router, everything ok at the moment!!

Highlighted

Hi

OK, monitor over the next day or two and report back with any issues,

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Team Player

Karl, thank you!, will do!, thank you everyone!, resetting my router seems to have done the trick and my speed is faster!!, i know what to do next time!!

Highlighted

Hi

Glad you got the answer you were looking for.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE