Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre broadband

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi, I have an ongoing fibre fault first reported on 20 Feb 2020. I have had 3x openreach visits. They have confirmed the fault is external but it is a matter of fault finding. Fix one thing, check, if the fault returns, check the next area. It’s quite simple really and I’m fine with that. 

The problem is booking the engineer to come back for the next check. I can’t face going through TalkTalk’s systems any more. I’ve calculated I’ve spent 40 hrs on chat since 20 feb.

I have again been talking to TalkTalk chat all morning. I have been through all the checks they make you do every time you contact them. They have been ignoring me since I requested confirmation that I can now leave penalty free.

So, can someone from TalkTalk here confirm that I can now leave penalty free please? 

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
Philosopher

With this announcement yesterday

Openreach

and things only likely to get worse, I would be very wary of moving providers, especially of taking a possibly faulty line with you.

Best of luck.

Martin
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi, yes, I am aware of the possible issues moving provider may cause.
I’ve actually been talking to the openreach engineer this morning (at a safe distance) while he was outside my house working on a neighbours fault. We’re now on first name terms! He’s waiting for my next job to be raised so he can continue with fault finding. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi notoohot,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service 

Could you please just give a brief description of the issue and we'll be happy to look into this for you

If you'd like to discuss leaving you'll need to speak to our Loyalty Team - there are more details here

Thanks
Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi, the issue is multiple disconnects, slow down (4mbps) and up (0.1mbps) speeds. As I said in the first mail, it’s a simple case of openreach coming out and continuing the fault finding process.

Openreach has replaced Wall socket, all cables from my house to telegraph pole outside my house. Changed cable from that telegraph pole to the next. He will move on from there to the next stage of fault finding.

My problem is simply getting TalkTalk to book him. Hence I’ve given up and am now leaving.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi notoohot

I'm really sorry to hear this.

If you would like us to look into this further via the Community then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I used the landline to speak to elderly parents. During the call I noticed the line was very crackly and after the call, I could actually hear voices when the dial tone ended. As if the line was picking up/ receiving from something else.

I’ve disconnected the phone line entirely from the wall socket (master socket 5c).

The only line into the socket now is the router line. My internet is perfect now. No disconnects, speed up and down perfect.

Can an OCE test the line and if a fault is identified by yourselves, send an engineer?
If we can get this fixed I’ll cancel my switch to another provider. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi notoohot

Thanks for the additional information.

I've completed a line test (for the landline service) which is clear, no faults detected. Your line is currently in sync at 33.5mb

If you re connect the phone does the fault return?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Yes.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi notoohot

Thanks for your reply.

This would indicate a possible fault with the phone or face plate.

Is this a cordless handset? If you remove the face plate and connect the router and phone directly at the test socket using a micro filter does the fault return in this set up?

Thanks

Debbie