cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre connection issues

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi, looks like i had a re connection last night, first time in few weeks. Looks like the router as synced higher and speed increased, but in the evenings now, the speed is really slugglish, not stable at all, most websites i visit takes a while to load, both using wireless and wired connection. I connected to my 4G mobile network to test, and its all fine on there. can you have a look please. I checked the speed when its happening and it fluctuates down to 5mbps or so, not good when i'm playing games.

Craig

TalkTalk Router Stats.png

EDIT

I cant use the internet now, the speed is so bad in the evening, done a few speed tests and im getting 1mbps, unusable, can't browse or anything. Ive just tested and plugged in with my spare WifiHub i got see if thats makes any difference, but its the exact same, getting 1mbps download speed.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi CraigeDavido,

Your current sync speed is 23.0Mbps, I can see that there were a number of reconnections yesterday and a few the day before

How has it been since your last post?

If throughput speeds are still low, can you switch your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest (if possible on a wired device rather than wireless)

Chris

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi Chris,

Yes had the exact same yesterday, soon as it got to around 5-6pm, the speeds drop dramatically to 1mbps, cant use the internet, its been happening for the past 3 or 4 days now. it goes bk to normal around 12am, or early in the morning when i check. It's between 6pm-12am the speed drops off, to 1mbps. cant use the internet at all. i had to connect my game console to my 4G hotspot, thats how bad it is.

EDIT :-

its doing it again, today (03/03) soon as 5-6pm comes, its down to 1-5mbps, as im writing this, ive tested it on the TalkTalk speedtest one and Samknows, and its giving me similar results.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi CraigeDavido

Did this happen on a wired connection with no other devices in use at the same time?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Yes, I also knocked the router off for a hour or so to refresh it like you said by the power button at the back. Once I turned it bk on, I checked the speed and it was the same, around 1mbps, just over dial up speeds. Most pages were timing out, couldn't view nothing. I kept an eye on it up until 12am, and around that time, back to normal, speed bk to normal and stable. So why is this happening only in the evenings. I can't use the internet then. Rightnow all ok, getting around 30mbps all stable. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi CraigeDavido

Ok, please can you run a speed test when everything is working ok using the TT speed tester so our Network Team can see the results?

Can you then run a wired speed test when the speed drops using the TT speed tester?

Please can you also run a ping and trace route when the connection is ok and when the speed is slow and post the results on this thread.

Run a Ping or Traceroute

I will then raise this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Speed test on TalkTalk speed tester when speed is fine

speedtest when connection is fine (1)speedtest when connection is fine (1)speedtest when connection is fine (2)speedtest when connection is fine (2)

Pingtest when speed is fine

Pingtest (when speed is fine)Pingtest (when speed is fine)

Traceroute when speed is fine

Traceroute (when speed is fine)Traceroute (when speed is fine)

Is this ok, i just took all these test within 30 minutes.

Craig

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi, right ive done the speed tests after 6 tonight, and it happening again, so it defiantly looks like i'm being throttled in the evening, which is unacceptable to be honest, this is not what im paying for, for this service. I'm hoping you can sort it asap, cause cant put up with it any longer. I'm paying for a service which i cant use properly in the evenings. Like i said its all fine throughout the day bar between 6pm-12am.

My relative across the road, she's also with TalkTalk, her speeds are ok throughout the day, because i asked her to test her speed in the evening, and shes getting normal speeds, so it cant be the exchange or congestion. She send me screenshot of her speed she tested on talktalk speed tester, so i can send it to you for proof.

These are the speed tests and ping tests i done this evening of wot you wanted below :-

Speed test (Evening)Speed test (Evening)Speed test (Evening)Speed test (Evening)Pingtest (Evening)Pingtest (Evening)Traceroute (Evening)Traceroute (Evening)

Craig

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

Thank you. I've passed this over to our Network Team now and have asked if they can take a look. Would it also be possible to post the pings and traces in the thread as plain text as I can't copy the images that you've posted.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Ok, thanks Michelle, I copied it ok the screenshots. How to copy it as plain text, do I need to write it all out

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

Ok thanks. Are you able to highlight the text when you next run the test then copy this (ctrl+c) then paste (ctrl+v) into the thread, please ensure no personal info is included before you post this.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Pingtest when speed is normal

Pinging google.co.uk [172.217.169.3] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 172.217.169.3: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=56
Reply from 172.217.169.3: bytes=32 time=42ms TTL=56
Reply from 172.217.169.3: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=56
Reply from 172.217.169.3: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=56

Ping statistics for 172.217.169.3:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 15ms, Maximum = 42ms, Average = 22ms

Traceroute when speed is normal

Tracing route to google.co.uk [172.217.169.3]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms ttrouter [192.168.1.1]
2 8 ms 7 ms 9 ms ae52-ner001.nec.as13285.net [78.144.1.9]
3 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms ae52-scr101.thw.as13285.net [78.144.1.8]
4 16 ms 16 ms 16 ms 72.14.243.46
5 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms 209.85.247.201
6 16 ms 16 ms 16 ms 209.85.241.93
7 15 ms 16 ms 15 ms lhr25s26-in-f3.1e100.net [172.217.169.3]

Trace complete.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

Perfect thank you 🙂 If possible could we have another from during the evening when the speeds drop again please. We are also looking at this as well at the moment to see if we can identify any issues..

Thanks 🙂

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

yeah will do, will take them in the evening aswell. It looks like i'm being throttled in evening, cause my speed is fine right now. Once 6pm comes can't use the internet for the things i want to do, its so slow, and most pages down load or timeout.

My Current speed right now, it wont be like this in the evening as you seen with the picture i sent last time.

TalkTalk (1).pngTalkTalk (2).png

Highlighted
Community Team

Thank you and I'll post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks 🙂

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi

I've took them which is showing below, speed is same in the evening, gone down to 3.5mbps, you can see the difference to what it was in the morning. Hope you can sort it soon, cause i can't use the internet properly in the evening's, everything just buffers what i want to use it for. I can't game properly cause of this lousy connection speeds in the evening. I've had to use it and connect it to my 4G mobile network for the time being, lucky I've got a bit of Gigabytes of data left on my 4G. It's been happening almost a week now, and can't see me getting compensated for it.

Pingtest in the evening after 6pm

Pinging google.co.uk [172.217.169.3] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 172.217.169.3: bytes=32 time=19ms TTL=56
Reply from 172.217.169.3: bytes=32 time=19ms TTL=56

Ping statistics for 172.217.169.3:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 18ms, Maximum = 19ms, Average = 18ms

Traceroute in the evening after 6pm

Tracing route to google.co.uk [172.217.169.3]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms ttrouter [192.168.1.1]
2 23 ms 15 ms 14 ms ae52-ner001.nec.as13285.net [78.144.1.9]
3 22 ms 18 ms 21 ms ae52-scr101.thw.as13285.net [78.144.1.8]
4 28 ms 19 ms 24 ms 72.14.243.46
5 44 ms 18 ms 19 ms 209.85.247.201
6 22 ms 25 ms 22 ms 209.85.241.93
7 27 ms 25 ms 26 ms lhr25s26-in-f3.1e100.net [172.217.169.3]

Trace complete.

Current speed taking in the evening around 7pm

TalkTalk (1).pngTalkTalk (2).png

Craig

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

Thanks very much 🙂 I've passed it over now and I'm hoping to know more at some point today. I'll post back here as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thanks I've noticed, around few hours, you must have resetted my router etc, because all my WiFi username and password, and router password reset back to default, so I had to change everything bk to what it was. What's the news now, will this sort my speed issues in the evening or not. I've also noticed the sync speed as lowered since the last sync, will DLM adjust this overtime if my line stays stable.

Craig

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

I've been advised earlier today that they were looking into this, however I've not received a further update as yet. I'm hoping to hear more back today, however I will post back as here as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Will I be hearing off you by Monday, and will it be sorted by then, cause I'm really fed up of this now, it's been like it for just over a week now, not been able to use the internet at all in the evening for a week. I'm paying double the price for this, and I can't use it properly. I dread when 6pm comes, cause that's exactly when it starts, stays at around 1mbps around all evening, also pages don't load or just times out. Please can you sort this out soon as you can, cause I'll prob have to cancel, this week. Can't put it up any longer. Thanks

Craig