cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre connection issues

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi, just letting you know, just got off the phone to service support, and i got an engineer appointment on Wednesday morning.

Craig

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've now been advised that this has been checked a few times since I raised this by our Network Team and they can't find anything that would be causing the slow speeds of an evening and everything looks ok from here. They did say that they noticed quite a few errors on the router of an evening and have asked if you have a different make and model of router that you could connect?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

I've now been advised by our Network Engineer that they have now identified a possible issue which they think is causing the slow speeds at peak times and they are looking into this further. They have told me that they will keep me posted on this so I'll post back again once I know more.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I can't see how it can be router issue, the router and speed is mostly fine in day, getting stable speeds, upto 30mbps. None of my equipment changes in evening or anything thing turns on. I also tried with a different spare WiFi hub, and same issue in evening. It's like something's throttling my speeds in evening. I've read a similar issues on here recently about other customers having similar problems as me.

I got engineer coming out in morning, so hope he can sort issue out, fingers crossed, if not, looks like be changing providers this week.

Craig

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

Apologies, did you see my last message following this? We think we may have identified a potential issue and our Network Team are investigating now.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi Michelle, sorry I didn't, I must have sent my last message, same time you sent it. Now I seen it. What happens if it gets sorted by the time the engineer comes in the morning. He coming to check it out.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

I've been contacted to advise that it's still under investigation, apologies that I don't have more specific information at this time. I've asked if they can keep me updated on their findings. At this stage I'm not sure if an engineer visit would or would not be able to resolve this particular issue.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Ok thanks, for keeping me updated, just hope it gets sorted soon. I'm not sure what the engineer will do tomorrow, I just explain to him what the current issue is my end.

Craig

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

I've just requested an update on this now.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

I've received an update to advise that we've made some changes. Please let us know how the speeds compare this evening.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thanks will do, check it this evening. Yesterday it was still same, couldn't use it in evening, checked the speed, and it it was around 1-2mbps, around 8pm, all webpages were timing out, couldn't connect to nothing, but the router was in fine, white light, it's been up for 2-3 days now once I last checked the router stats.

I supposed to had an engineer call out today, between 8am -12pm, but no one showed up.

Craig

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Was this a Openreach engineer as this is usually a 8-1pm slot? Please let us know how the speeds are this evening and we'll also check back in with you tomorrow to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Morning Craig,

Just checking in to see how you found the speeds yesterday evening?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi Michelle,

i checked it and monitored it yesterday, and it was much much better in the evening, speeds stayed pretty stable, most of the evening. Had a few blips, my internet got disconnected around 8pm. Around that time, speed was dropping to around 9-10mbps, not sure if that was before the disconnect or after. It's progress, much better than it was from the previous evenings for the past week. At least it didn't drop to 1mbps.

When connection dropped, it synced pretty similar, but I thought the throughput speed be higher, 80% of the sync speed.

Craig

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

Thanks for testing the speeds. I've just had a quick look at the connection stats and I can see the 1 re-connection on the line. Would it be possible to run a few more speed tests over the next few evenings so we can see how the throughput speeds compare to the sync speed?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

UPDATE - I've just received another update to advise that they are still investigating this as they think it's not fully resolved. I'll again keep you posted once I know more and apologies.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

I've just received another update this morning that our Network Team have made some further changes. They have asked if you could retest the speed this evening and let us know how you get on please.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

Just checking in to see how you've found the stability and speed over the last 48hrs?

Thanks 🙂

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

Sorry now getting back. Well Well, so much better, looks to have sorted it, its all nice and stable now in evening's now since you sorted it last week. Ive been checking it all weekend, and no problems now, pretty stable speeds in evening's, Thanks 😃. I can actually use it now. Ive put the original Wifi Hub bk in and its been up for nearly 4 days, since i changed the routers over last friday.

Got a question about my upload speed, could my line support more, can it be tweaked or anything. im getting around 3mbps upload at the moment. I tested my relatives TalkTalk connection across the road from me, same street, shes getting similar download speed as me right now, but her upload is double of mine, she's getting around 6mbps upload through her connection/Line. Thanks

Craig

Router StatsRouter Stats

Highlighted
Community Team

Morning Craig,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the speed and the performance has improved 🙂 In regards to the upload speed, we can't manually change this as this is managed by DLM. Were you previously receiving faster upload speeds? It's possible that DLM may increase the speed further now that the connection is stable.

Thanks