would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre connection problem

9 REPLIES 9
LPP56
First Timer

Hi,

I'm currently having connection issues with my fibre broadband.

The problem started off as an occasional issue but is slowly getting worse.

The router seems to having problems keeping a connection going which is affecting internet and talktalk tv. 

My son ran a test within my talktalk account and said it reports a connection issue.

He has also unplugged the router and connected a wired handset in the test socket of the master and said the line is free of any interference noise.

I have the D Link 3782 router.

I welcome any help or advise with this problem.

Thank you

Biomechanic
Team Player

Sorry, can't help you, but I can commiserate with you, I'm having the same trouble.

My connection has dropped 33 times today - if I wasn't a placid person, I would throw their router out thwe window, cancel the contract and go with BT, The Post Office or Sky...

In fact, there's food for thought...

John Alan Seymour
Community Team

Hi LPP56,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see a few re-connections on the line.

Is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment? Do you have a alternative router that you could test with?

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Biomechanic,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

LPP56
First Timer

Good Morning,

Yes the router is still connected to the test socket. I'm afraid I only have the one router.

The problem is a intermittent one, certainly seems to be random to me as far as reliability goes.

The issue affects the wired and wireless internet connection.

Thanks for the help

Community Team

Hi LPP56,

Thanks for confirming this. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

LPP56
First Timer

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. 

That would be great if you could arrange that for me.

It would be nice to resolve this problem with a simply fix or at least exclude the router from it.

Thanks again

Community Team

Hi

Router now on the way to you.

Thanks

Karl. 

LPP56
First Timer

Hi,

Thanks for the update and I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you

Community Team