Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre connection

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have had fast fibre from 16 Aug 19 with a steady speed of 70 Mb . On 15 Oct speed colapsed to 6 Mb . Fault was reported and on 17th an engineer called to tell me there had been a fault at the local box which he had repaired it  While at the house he said he would check all my connections which were fine . He noticed I had an old Master Socket and said he would replace it as the new ones were better . He then checked the speed which 55Mb and said give it two weeks to settle and it would return to 70 . Needles to say it has not . I ran my own checkes then tried the Chat Line who ran tests and said nothing was wrong . They arranged for a call back from Tech Support Outbound . No one called . I notice on my Service Status pages , Service Centre , the your speed box shows Your estimated speed - 50 to 80 , Your actual speed 73 . The box shows an orange triangle with an exclamation mark . Could it be the New Master Box which is the problem as every thing was fine before . 

Hope some one can help . 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi mitch88

Your line is showing in sync at 73.8mb.

Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

HI Debbie

After reconnecting I have been running checks on and off for the last few hours . The download speeds have been erratic , ranging from 21.3 to 70.7, some times with a wild graph , on a couple of occassions I got a message "Couldn't connect to the server . Please try again ". Dont want to speak to soon but It seems to be steadying out at 70 ish .

I said in my original mail that Tech Support had not called yesterday as arranged . I was just starting to reply to you when they phoned . I told them what we had done and the above details . They said to moniter for 48 hrs. 

Thanks for your help . I had forgotten the old saying . "Switch it off and switch it on again " Duh !!!

Mitch

Highlighted

Hi Mitch

Thanks for your reply.

If the speed does drop again then please let us know on the Community and we will look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Sorry to add this onto this message but it is impossible to find how to start a new message .!!!

What I would like to know is , can I use the old style Powerline Adapter , the kind that use the power circuit ,not wifi , with a Wi-Fi Extender Kit as they both use the mains power .

Hope you can help

Mitch

PS How do you start a new message

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Sorry to add this onto this message but it is impossible to find how to start a new message .!!!

What I would like to know is , can I use the old style Powerline Adapter , the kind that use the power circuit ,not wifi , with a Wi-Fi Extender Kit as they both use the mains power .

Hope you can help

Mitch

PS How do you start a new message

Highlighted

Hi Mitch

To start a new topic your just click the blue "Start a topic" button, toward the top left of the section, just above the top of the list of threads.

Regarding using powerline adapters and wifi extenders on the same circuit, as far as I'm aware this should work in theory, but I've never tried it myself 

Chris

Popular Poster

Thanks Chris , I managed to find the " start a topic " button and made a request for advice re WiFi Extenders and Powerline Adapters .

Mitch

Highlighted