Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre download speed throttle in the even8ng

Highlighted
Team Player

Thank @OCE_Debbie 

Yep in the test socket. They have said that i will be getting a new router as i have one that is out of date, i am confused by this approach as I have the new router advertised on the talktalk website.

Cheers

Andrew

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Andrew

If you have already been sent a replacement router for testing then it would be worth testing with this first.

Please let us know if the speed drops with the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

All ok till just after 6pm and traffic being managed again

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

Why is talktalk managing the traffic?

Thank you 

Andrew

Highlighted
First Timer

Just an update got the new router and everything was good till about 7pm then the speed plummeted again measures 6mbps download and 18mb upload on every test since. Called in and they updated the router firmware to no avail but now have to wait 48 hours for them to monitor it and escalate to the manchester team after that. 😓

1927.jpg

Highlighted

Hi arayfield1980

Have you received and tested with the replacement router?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

Router has not arrived for me yet. Disappointing. 

Again this morning the bandwidth was ok

clipboard_image_2.png

I see @wackybruce  is having same issues and has had new router with no affect to his experience. Also, i have reached out to other TalkTalk customers in the village and are having the same issue as me. In the evening the bandwidth is reduced.

I really think this is not a problem with the customer endpoints, to be affecting other customers in the same village means there is a network issue somewhere else.

What are the next steps please?

Andrew

Highlighted

Hi arayfield1980 

I have escalated this fault over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks @OCE_Debbie 

Do you need my landline phone number?

Andrew

Highlighted

Hi Andrew

I can see the number in your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Andrew

Our Network Team have advised that they have been unable to detect any faults but can see from your speed tests that the speed is dropping.

They have suggested arranging an Openreach engineer visit for a PM slot (1pm - 6pm) and requesting that the engineer attends as late as possible to try and replicate this fault. Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

Sure, thank you

Will you confirm the day and time so I can make sure I am present. As late as possible so I can be sure the issue is there when they attend.

Andrew

Highlighted

Hi Andrew

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi@OCE_Debbie 

The problem is still ongoing for me even after an Openreach visit and new router installed.

Download speed plummets every day around 7pm so the Openreach engineer wasn't able to replicate the fault but did some brief testing and concluded that the error is at "talktalks end"

Think if we got less than 1mbps download speed the network team would still come back with no faults detected result. Can't get a clear answer as to where the problem is exactly and also I wonder if many of your customers don't realise they have an issue but nothing get's done about it till they do and call in about it. Just not happy about customers being made to run in circles for a known issue by your tech team anyway which is what this whole thing feels like to be honest.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

no router delivered today even though it was ordered on Sunday. 

Do do you have a date and time for openreach?

here are tonight’s results. 

clipboard_image_0.png

I must agree with @wackybruce this does feel like something that is being controlled within the “network” and not a fault at the customer premise. 

Any feedback welcome, especially if you feel that the openreach appointment will not resolve this issue. 

Also, can you give me the process of making a complaint so I can look at leaving contract without penalty as TalkTalk are not able to meet the guaranteed download of 30Mb 

thank you for you help

Andrew

Highlighted

Hi Andrew

I have replied to your PM.

Thanks

Debbie