Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre drops every 24 hours

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

Can someone explain why our fibre drops between one and three am most days? Can I have a router check for a firmware update?

Highlighted
Participant

mine has been doing the same had line tests done come back with no fault 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Mine as well and I'm convinced it's the hunk of junk Router they give you.

Can we retrieve a password off them and use something else?

This morning I got up and it was flashing orange. I have to switch off and disconnect ethernet cables and back it comes on

Get in from work at about 6pm and again drops

Just now about 12:15am again gone.

Pull the cables and magically comes back.

I've replaced all the Cat 6 so I know it's not that. Half the time the cabled devices are off as well.

Landline phone isn't even plugged in.

I've had this daft behaviour since I got TalkTalk.  Sometimes it has gone a few weeks and been fine but of late it's daily/every other day.

NowTV and BT before that I recall maybe 2 disconnects in 2+ years and that was regional faults at the exchange and not their fault.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi skinnykins,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see a few re-connections on the line.

I've also checked and the router has the latest version of firmware. Are you awake when the connection drops? Is the voice service affected at the same time?

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi CARLS1976 and bobothebear80,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

My son is awake when this happens and I'm not sure what you mean by "voice service"

Highlighted

Hi skinnykins,

Apologies for the confusion, I was referring to the voice service such as no dial tone or any noise on the line?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I don't have my phone plugged in as we don't use it but when it was plugged in there was noise but it's a wireless phone so that might make a difference.

Highlighted

Hi skinnykins,

Ok thanks for confirming this. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with? If not then please let us know and we can arrange to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

No, I don't have another router so please send one and thank you.

Highlighted

Hi skinnykins

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Mine has dropped out a twice in the last 3 days at 1AM for between 1 to 3 hours. Doesn't seem like a router fault, but more like some service update/upgrade?
The log viewing capabilities on the router is cr@p - you can only go forward/back one page at a time, you can't jump to a page so it took about 300 mouse clicks to get to the page for last outage on 22nd

You can see in the log output below that there are no messages from 01:04:37 to 04:01:57 which is the length of that service outage (I know this  because my Nest cameras and Access Points alerted me about loss of connectivity to cloud services during this time period). Although the log is set to debug level, it doesn't really give a clue as to where the issue is - did the router go down, did the line go down, only see that it acquires an IP address???

BTW: the log is full of these constant messages "DNS name resolution failure (_bookmarkdavs._tcp.p51-bookmarks.icloud.com)" - what's that about?

22.08.2019 04:02:00 Info SYS TR-069 connectivity to (acs.talktalk.co.uk) has been closed
22.08.2019 04:01:57 Info DHCPC The WAN DHCP client IP address 2.100.207.20
22.08.2019 01:04:37 Error DNS DNS name resolution failure (_bookmarkdavs._tcp.p51-bookmarks.icloud.com)

Highlighted

Hi blokexx

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Ok, posted a new topic "Internet connection dropped a couple of nights around same time".