Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre engineer

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

Hello, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. The live chat isn't on so I though I'd try here in case TalkTalk employees respond to messages.

On Thurs I called TalkTalk owing to slow internet speeds causing problems with working from home (1.1 speed according to TalkTalk's speedcheck vs the guaranteed 31).

They said an engineer needed to come out so booked one in for Fri 8 to 1. I waited in and no one came. I phoned TalkTalk again and they said an engineer had been, checked something outside the house and decided that the problem had been resolved (it hadn't). Puzzlingly, they also escalated the problem to the technical team, alongside marking it as resolved. TalkTalk booked another engineer appointment for today (1 to 8 pm this time). Annoyingly, I have waited in all this time and they have not turned up again. (I am guessing they are not coming as they are supposed to call/text 30 mins before they arrive, and they haven't.)

It's causing me lots of problems with work and I'm not sure how to proceed. I don't want to have to keep waiting in for hours for someone who doesn't show, and I'd also like to get the problem resolved soon so I can work efficiently.

Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @barbarafrancis35 ,

For one of the TalkTalk OCE's on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number & alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

The TalkTalk staff on this forum probably won't be around now until Monday, so it is unlikely they will respond to this thread until early next week.

It is best to then just leave this thread alone until an OCE responds, as they work through them in order, and any new posts in this thread will push it back down their queue.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi barbara,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test which has detected a possible voice fault. Can I just confirm, is the voice service also affected or just the broadband? 

Thanks

First Timer

Hi Michelle, thanks for your help. The phone seems to be working fine. Specific problems with the internet are: taking ages to upload and download, taking ages for websites to load, dropping the connection very frequently. This seems to be a recent problem and I can't think of anything that's changed within the house to cause it. (Only thing I can think of is that they are replacing the metal gas pipes with plastic on all the streets, including mine, around where I live – is it possible they could have damaged a line; although surely that would have affected my neighbours' internet too?)

TalkTalk told me today that the first two engineer bookings hadn't been done properly at their end, and have booked another for tomorrow (the agent I spoke to said it has definitely been done properly this time) so hopefully there will be some resolution tomorrow.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi barbara,

I'm sorry for the delay and thanks for confirming this. How are you getting on?

Thanks