Our speeds had consistently stayed at 9999/39999 for 2/3 months after we had our final engineer visit. We had problems when our fibre was first installed, but a couple eningeer visits fixed the issues.
A couple months ago, the ping started to increase, but download and upload speeds stayed the same.
Over the past month or so, speeds have been dropping. The router seems to restart itself every few days. It's currently down to 9999/19953. This is the lowest I've seen it:
Speed test results were averaging out like this before the issues:
Can an OCE look into this, please?
I'm really sorry to hear this.
I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line and the sync speed is low.
I can send a HG633 router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?
We received a text to say that the router will be delivered on Friday and it didn't arrive. The link we recieved with the text says that the package has been delayed. It's been stuck on delayed since Friday. The text also doesn't say what courier is shipping it. I don't know who to contact.
Are you able to get any more information or can you let me know which courier to contact, please?
The messages go to my dad and he isn't at home right now. The last message we received was on Friday. Unless he received a new one this morning, nothing has changed.
I contacted UKMail and they say that TalkTalk has already issued a claim against them about this case. It looks like the package has been lost.
They also told me to get into contact with TalkTalk and ask for a replacement to be sent out.
Could you send another one out, please?
Thanks for sending the router out.
We received it today and the speeds are the same:
As I thought, we were set to interleaved. Our ping has been high for a while now. The other router doesn't show the channel type.
Can anything else be done?
Thanks for the update. It usually takes between 24-48hrs for DLM to start making changes to the speed/profile once the replacement router has been connected, as long as the connection remains stable and the errored seconds are low.
Could you bump your thread on Monday and we can re-check the connection stats to see if DLM has made any changes to the connection.
I'm sorry to hear this. I've checked the connection stats and I can see a few re-connections on the line. Is the connection still unstable or have you rebooted/switched off the router at the all?
Are you using the new microfilter and adsl cable that came with the replacement router? Does the master socket also have a test socket?
Once we've confirmed this then we can pass the low sync speed over to our Network Team for further investigation.
The router is rebooting itself. We're not doing that. It's been doing that for quite a while now. It seems to reboot on average every 2/3 days.
Our mastersocket has a built in filter. I didn't replace the adsl cable. I put our other one back in. We also have a test socket. Should I try plugging the router into that for a while?
Are you currently using the DSL3782 router? Please can you also use the new cables that came with the replacement router.
Yes it would be worth connecting the router at the test socket whilst we are investigating this fault.
No. I'm using the HG633 that you sent to us. I can't change the cables tonight, but I will do so tomorrow.
I have plugged the router directly into the test socket. Results are the same, but it may need time to settle.
If the connection continues to drop with the replacement router, cables and filter at the test socket then we can pass this over to our Network Team for investigation.
I had to remove the router from the test socket, because we had to use the phone. That being said, the connection was the same while it was in the test socket. I have also changed the cables and nothing has changed.