Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre is slowing down

23 REPLIES
Highlighted
NathanW18
Conversation Starter

Hi,

Our speeds had consistently stayed at 9999/39999 for 2/3 months after we had our final engineer visit. We had problems when our fibre was first installed, but a couple eningeer visits fixed the issues.

A couple months ago, the ping started to increase, but download and upload speeds stayed the same.

Over the past month or so, speeds have been dropping. The router seems to restart itself every few days. It's currently down to 9999/19953. This is the lowest I've seen it:

Screenshot_1.png

Speed test results were averaging out like this before the issues:

Can an OCE look into this, please?

Community Team

Hi NathanW18

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line and the sync speed is low.

I can send a HG633 router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

NathanW18
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie,

Yeah, the reconnections are the router restarting itself. We're not doing that.

Please send a new router out.

Thank you.

Community Team

Hi NathanW18

The HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

NathanW18
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie,

We received a text to say that the router will be delivered on Friday and it didn't arrive. The link we recieved with the text says that the package has been delayed. It's been stuck on delayed since Friday. The text also doesn't say what courier is shipping it. I don't know who to contact.

Are you able to get any more information or can you let me know which courier to contact, please?

Community Team

Hi NathanW18

Apologies for this.

It appears that the order has been delayed with UKMail. Have you received any further messages?

Thanks

Debbie

NathanW18
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie,

The messages go to my dad and he isn't at home right now. The last message we received was on Friday. Unless he received a new one this morning, nothing has changed.

NathanW18
Conversation Starter

I contacted UKMail and they say that TalkTalk has already issued a claim against them about this case. It looks like the package has been lost.

They also told me to get into contact with TalkTalk and ask for a replacement to be sent out.

Could you send another one out, please?

Community Team

Hi Nathan

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've re ordered this router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

NathanW18
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for sending the router out.

We received it today and the speeds are the same:

Screenshot_1.png

As I thought, we were set to interleaved. Our ping has been high for a while now. The other router doesn't show the channel type.

Can anything else be done?

Community Team

Hi NathanW18,

Thanks for the update. It usually takes between 24-48hrs for DLM to start making changes to the speed/profile once the replacement router has been connected, as long as the connection remains stable and the errored seconds are low.

Could you bump your thread on Monday and we can re-check the connection stats to see if DLM has made any changes to the connection.

Thanks

NathanW18
Conversation Starter

Hi Michelle,

No difference:

Screenshot_2.png

Community Team

Hi NathanW18,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've checked the connection stats and I can see a few re-connections on the line. Is the connection still unstable or have you rebooted/switched off the router at the all?

Are you using the new microfilter and adsl cable that came with the replacement router? Does the master socket also have a test socket?

Once we've confirmed this then we can pass the low sync speed over to our Network Team for further investigation.

Thanks

NathanW18
Conversation Starter

Hi Michelle,

The router is rebooting itself. We're not doing that. It's been doing that for quite a while now. It seems to reboot on average every 2/3 days.

Our mastersocket has a built in filter. I didn't replace the adsl cable. I put our other one back in. We also have a test socket. Should I try plugging the router into that for a while?

Community Team

Hi NathanW18

Are you currently using the DSL3782 router? Please can you also use the new cables that came with the replacement router.

Yes it would be worth connecting the router at the test socket whilst we are investigating this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

NathanW18
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie,

No. I'm using the HG633 that you sent to us. I can't change the cables tonight, but I will do so tomorrow.

I have plugged the router directly into the test socket. Results are the same, but it may need time to settle.

Community Team

Hi Nathan

If the connection continues to drop with the replacement router, cables and filter at the test socket then we can pass this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

NathanW18
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie,

I had to remove the router from the test socket, because we had to use the phone. That being said, the connection was the same while it was in the test socket. I have also changed the cables and nothing has changed.

Community Team

Hi Nathan

This fault is under investigation with our Network Team.

Please can you post back on this thread tomorrow and we can check for further updates on this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

NathanW18
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie,

Any updates on this, please?