Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre runs slow after 5 days

10 REPLIES 10
minesapint
Participant

Over the last 8 months I've noticed a degradation in my line speed. Over a period of about 5 days the line speed will drop from 26 mbps to under 10 mbps. The wifi connection will drop from 26mbps to under 5 mbps. If I reboot the HG633 router my line speed will achieve the 26 mbps again.

I have noticed from the forum that several people have had this problem which seems to have been resolved by replacing the router to a DSL3782.

Is it possible to send me a replacement DSL3782 router.

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi minesapint

Can't see any issues with your line or connection remotely.

I'll get a different model router out so we can monitor this.

Thanks

Karl. 

minesapint
Participant

Thank you Karl.

Community Team

Hi minesapint

Please let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

minesapint
Participant

The new router has been installed and is running.

What do you want me to do with the old HG633 router?

Community Team

Hi minesapint

Thanks for your reply.

If the connection improves with the replacement router then please can you keep this and return your old router using the returns bag.

Thanks

Debbie

minesapint
Participant

Hi Debbie,

The reason why I asked that question is that I didn't receive a returns bag.

Community Team

Hi minesapint

Apologies, I can send a returns bag now, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

minesapint
Participant

Hi Debbie,

The new super router has been running for two weeks now and is performing well at a constant 26 mbps. The wifi signal is also greatly improved.

I would be obliged if you could arrange for a returns bag to be sent to me for the old router.

Many thanks.

Community Team

Hi minesapint

That's great, I'm glad to hear that the connection has improved.

The returns bag is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie