Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre speed boost has halved my download speed

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Participant

Hi there, at my wits end here. I re-contracted with Talktalk as my local fibre cabinet is full (so I had no choice). However they took off the fibre speed boost without telling me, after several chats/calls/hours they discovered it'd been removed and re-added it. It went live this morning and my speed has dropped from a rock solid 40mb down pre fibre boost to between 10 and 20 down (it varies), this is a direct wired connection to the routers I've tried.

Previously before I renewed my contract I was getting upwards of 70mb down. I've tried using the new wifi hub and the old dlink talktalk router I had previously, none of them make any difference, being plugged in to the test socket also made no difference.

Could some kind soul at talktalk pick this up and have a look, I'm at my wits end now. Cheers.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi nisaoirse,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections on the line which can affect the sync speed. Is the connection unstable or have you been rebooting/switching off the router?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Michelle, that would've been me swapping and swapping back routers yesterday. I did put a complaint in to your CEO's office and somebody must've sorted it already as it's now back up to full speed.

Thanks for looking in to it though.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi nisaoirse,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know if you need any assistance.

Thanks