would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre speed dropped by 75%

9 REPLIES 9
GregF
Conversation Starter

Hi

How do I get someone to check my line my connection is getting terrible. I’ve plugged in a corded phone to check the line for any noise and it seems ok. I’m only getting 14 down and 3 up 😞

My computer is plugged into the main socket that next to it.

Second question, how do i check how long is left on my contract? 

Thanks

Greg

Community Team

Hi GregF 

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault.

Have you tested with a different router at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

GregF
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie,

I've tested with the current router which is a HG633, I've tried the old HG533 and I've tried a TP-Link Archer VR2800. Same result each time. I had speeds of 62 down 15 up fairly consistantly until a few months ago now like I say its dropped massively, the upload speed to where I'm struggling most as I can send out my work files quickly anymore 😞 

Something has changed which has messed everything up. I havent change anything inside my house.

Regards

Greg

Community Team

Hi Greg,

Thanks for confirming this. I've passed this fault straight over to our Network Team for investigation. I'll update this thread as soon as I receive a reply back. If you don't hear back from me within 24hrs then can you bump your thread (request an update) and I can check this again.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Greg,

Update - The fault has now been passed to BTOR for further investigation.

Thanks

GregF
Conversation Starter

Thanks Debbie,

Will I be contacted by BT or something now or get updated here. Whats the next steps to get it fixed?

Thanks

Community Team

Hi GregF

We should receive further updates from BT Openreach within the next 48hrs.

Please can you post back on this thread on Monday and we can check for further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

GregF
Conversation Starter

ok will do

GregF
Conversation Starter

Hi,

I've had an openreach guy knock the door this afternoon and do something with the cable and box on the outside wall of the house. Its faster now ( 50 up 12 down) Still not as fast as it was. I had consistant over 60 down before the problems. 

For now its better but still not right in my opinion

Community Team

Hi GregF,

Thanks for the update. The line test is now clear and the sync speed is within the predicted speeds for the line. Just to confirm, are you running the speed tests wired or wireless?

How have you found the performance of the connection?

Thanks