Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre speed has recently reduced signficantly

4 REPLIES 4
Chatterbox

Hi,

I have been with you for several years.  My download speed for my fibre was usually always around the 30-35 mpbs mark.  However after noticing a major reduction I performance I have tested it and I am now getting around 7 mbps, which is rendering it near unusable at times.  When I tested it prior to this back in Jan/Feb it was still around 30 mpbs.  Can someone look into this please?

Thanks

Chris

Community Star

Is this the sync speed shown on the router, or a speedtest? If the latter is it wired, wireless, or both? Are you aware of any issues with your phoneline at all?

Subject to that I have flagged this up to the online support team for you, if you haven't done so already make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then give them a day or two to respond.

Chatterbox

Hi,

It was via a speedtest and I have tried both wired and wireless and its the same sort of speeds.  I am not aware of any issues with the phoneline.  My landline should be added to my profile.

Thanks

Chris

Community Star

OK, just wait for the support team to respond.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi CL158,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks ok. Could you try switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retest the speed again to see how it compares.

Thanks