would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre speed not reaching minimum guaranteed speed

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
WaRRioR1976
Chat Champion

Hi. I have checked my router stats this morning and I'm not getting the minimum guaranteed speed I was promised when i signed up. I'm currently getting about 50 mb download, and the minimum guaranteed download speed is 53.6mb. I'm on Faster Fibre with speed boost.

Router stats as below:

Internet Connection

DSL synchronization status:
Up
Connection status:
Showtime

Line Quality

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
VDSL2
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):
Channel type:
Interleaved
DSL up-time:
2 days 6 hours 8 minutes 4 seconds
I haven't rebooted the router recently so the DLM must have rebooted my router. Before that, download speed was about 60mb, and now it's dropped to 50mb. 

Also,  I've checked the service status on TalkTalk my account and it says a recent health check on my router shows I'm not getting the minimum guaranteed download speed. My speed has been getting constantly slower and for the last six months or so the TalkTalk service status has showed there's issues with my line.
I've tried all the usual things: rebooting router, plugging router into test socket, changing micro filter etc. Still no improvement. It's about time something was done about it. I've put up with the constantly slowing speeds, but I'm now paying for a download speed I'm not getting.
I understand I can leave TalkTalk without penalty if the issue isn't resolved within 30 days, so I assume the 30 day period starts now?

Please can I have some help with this.

Kind regards 
Ethan 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi WaRRioR1976,

I'm sorry for the delay and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault towards the property. Just to confirm, is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment?

Thanks