Got my new Sagem Wi-Fu Hub yesterday and once I'd set it up I found the sync speeds to be poor - 15Mbps down, 10Mbps up.
So I plugged my old D-Link router back in and found it reported the same speeds (14999,9999).
Next I plugged the D-Link into the master socket, with a microfilter. The speeds were the same. And then I plugged the new hub into the same master socket and again I got 15 down and 10 up.
So I'm guessing the speed had dropped and I'd never noticed. My fibre has a guaranteed minimum speed of 34.2, so something's gone wrong with the line somewhere 😞
Your line has been capped (banded) by the DLM system.
Banding is applied when too many resyncs/retrains occur within a set time period.
Leave the line as is and wait for the staff to pick the thread up.
When DLM decides to remove the banding it will always automatically resync the line at a higher sync speed.
Resist the temptation to reboot/resync to see if the speed has gone up as this just makes it worse and will never result in higher than the 14,999 the line is currently capped at.
Don't blame Talktalk, Openreach have control of the Fibre DLM system for all its ISP's.
I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?
Does your master socket also have a test socket?
The line management system (DLM) is automated, we can't manually change the line profile (remove the cap)
Could you check the following help article to see if your master socket has a test socket - Your guide to master sockets
How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router and a telephone?
I have one single phone socket in the house. I tested it with nothing connected to it but the new router via a microfilter. I also tested the D-Link router. In both cases they synced at 15Mbps downstream.
I have had higher sync speeds than this in the past with the D-Link router.
I will double check for a test socket later on when I get in.
DLM won't make an immediate profile change when you connect to the test socket, it needs usually at least 48 hours to monitor and respond to any improvement in connection stats over that period of time
Quick update... was having an online chat with customer support at 10pm last night. By 9am this morning the Openreach engineer was here. He gave me a new socket, looked at some other stuff and within a short while I was syncing at 40 Mbps down.
He warned me it might adjust itself downwards over the next 10 days, but I should be getting in the 30s where I am.
I'd call that great service!
Has been up and running at a sync speed of 40 Mbps for over 50 hours now.
I will have to disconnect later and put in a new, slightly longer cable.
W-ifi speeds are great, but my Comtrend homeplugs are not doing a great job - but that's something for another day 🙂