Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre too slow!

8 REPLIES 8
Redlady
Team Player

I changed over to fibre for my broadband at the end of march and God, is it slow!!, it takes ages to go anywhere!, i contacted 'Talk,talk on Monday and a speed test was done (as well as a line check), my line is fine, but the person I spoke to thought it may be my downloading that's too slow?, the speed test results were '24.5' (download, I think) and '9.4', I'm sure it should be higher than 9.4??, so what do I do?, the router is new and it's not near anything that can interfere with it, also still used my old router for a few days after switching and that did the same, where as before I went over to Fibre, everything was fine!, so can anyone help please?, I was told there was another test that could be done, but don't think it was, as I didn't lose broadband, which i was told would happen, when the test was carried out, so what do I do now??, my laptop can 'freeze' and the blue circle at the top just goes round and round!

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Redlady, your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear back soon in the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary. Have you tried a 30 minute restart? Leaving the router disconnected for 30 minutes can cause the exchange to re-evaluate your line.

Good luck

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Community Team

Hi Redlady,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Just to confirm, are you connected wired or wireless?

Thanks

Redlady
Team Player

Hi Michelle, I connected wireless

Redlady
Team Player

Hello Divsec, Thank you for your reply!, yes, they have my details, already tried switching off my router for half an hour, didn't make any difference!, i'm not really good about download/upload speeds??!!, my speed was 24.5 (presume download?) and 9.4?? (upload??), sorry to sound a total idiot!!, but not brilliant about these things!!

Community Team

Hi Redlady,

Thanks for confirming this. How does the speed compare if you run a wired speed test? Have you also tried a few different wireless channels to see how the speeds compare?

Thanks

Redlady
Team Player

Hi Michelle, thank you for your reply!, I have run a wired test (always use wireless, I don't really want to sit next to my router with a cable connected to my laptop!), I'm still interested to know what the '9.4' speed is??, things seem to have improved!, it's not as slow, so I'm happy with the speed at the moment! (some sites are slower than others to connect!), I'll let you know if anything changes!, thank you for your help!

Redlady
Team Player

Hi Michelle, I've just done another speed test, my download is '24.1' and upload is '9.3', is the upload speed ok?

Community Team

Hi Redlady,

The 9.4Mbs is the upstream throughput speed and it's fine. Glad to hear that the speed has improved

Chris