Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | would you rather see results forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Need help?

Fibre with TV box

84 REPLIES 84
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi, I wonder if you can helpl I am not sure if I am on the correct help service or whether it should be the TV service.

I renewed my contract in November and was upgraded to fibre as it was a better deal than the noral unlimited broadband. The engineer has stated (via the Billing service of the forum) that there is a fault on the line. I dobn't have any problem with the computer and am happy with the speeds etc. but my engineer cannot get the extenders to link together to connect the new box which I have purchased from yourselves in order to be able to record.. He has tested them with others which still did not link and feels it might be the router (which unfortunately is not his forte).

I have an Hg663 router. All the lights bar the TV light are working. Anything you can suggest please?  I have been in touch with Arne in billing if you need any further information about the engineer! He has offered another to come but I do not feel inclined to pay. I do need to reply to Arne to either have an engineer or close the ticket!

Highlighted
Community Star

Is this is the new TT wifi extender? If so when initially connecting them up, once the extender unit is initially connected, unless it is left powered on for 15 mins, the firmware upgrade that needs to happen could get corrupted, causing this sort of issue.

I will ask one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Keith,

Thank you so much for your reply so quickly. The extenders are the ones I got from BT because my router is upstairs next to the computer and the tv and tv box are downstairs, not extender from TT. I purchased the tv box to replace the original sent with the package, in order that we could record as well as catch up etc. So far no good............

My details etc. are there as I have been in touch with OCE Arne about the presumed fault on the fine. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks again.

Highlighted
Community Star

What lights are on each extender & what is the make/model of the extenders?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hello Keith, thanks for trying to help.  The extender kit is BT AV600.  At the moment the only light on the downstairs one is the power only but upstairs the lights are Ethernet and Power but no Data on either.(three lights)

My TV engineer tried downstairs in another socket but still didn't work (I'm afraid he was stumped....)

Does that help.

Diane

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Sorry Keith, should I mention that my TV box is the TV plus box and we managed to get as far as it saying there was no broadband connection.  The TV itself however is fine and my computer is working the same.  Ta.

Highlighted
Community Star

I haven't got the time at the moment to download a user guide, but normally the other light on most powerlines (irrespective of manufacturer) indicates the state of the connection over the mains between the two units. So I would guess that they are not working correctly over the mains. Try defaulting the two PLAs in a double socket near the router if possible, re-pairing them & try back in the normal sockets.

Keith

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks Keith. My TV guy did say they weren't pairing but only tried putting in another socket downstairs. Should I remove both and put together in a double socket, press both the pairing buttons and then put back?  So sorry but I am a technophobe and getting too old for all this.

Ta

Highlighted
Community Star

Yes, that is what I would do.

Keith

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi there,

Just to let you know I had a call from the TT management team to  heck on my line as they said there was a fault on it. They also suggested this could be the reason I cannot connect my TT TV plus box. So they are sending an engineer to sort the line and then they will help with the box if that is not the answer. 

I was very impressed that they rang.

Thanks for help. So waiting game at the moment for a couple of days.

Diane

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Diane,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

I will. The engineers were around this morning so just waiting to hear as management section said they would give me a call.

Highlighted

Hi Diane,

Ok thanks for the update πŸ™‚

Thanks

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Keith and Michelle,

Just to let you know I have not yet heard from TT management team via a phone call and assume the problem has not yet been fixed.  Are you able to chase them or should I via 150 direct?

Many thanks,

Diane

Highlighted
Community Star

Sorry Dianne, but as a customer, I cannot do that, all I can do is escalate it back to the OCEs for you, which I will do now.

Keith

Highlighted

Hi Diane 

I'm showing the line in sync at 45mb, is general internet working ok, is the only issue now that the TV box will not connect ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Karl,

I had a call from the Management team a couple of days ago, stating that the fault on the line, but outside from our house,  still needs to be attended to by digging up the road. They were going to give me another ring to tell me the situation about now. I have not heard as yet. He stated loss of the TV+ box could be due to this fault.(My own TV man could not work it out, to his annoyance. However, I have not tried it again but will do so very soon.Could you explain the in sync on the line at 45mb.  Is this a good figure or bad. I have no idea, bit of a technophobe. I would like to keep in touch if that is ok until I get my box back.

Thanks,

Diane

Highlighted

Hi

The speed the broadband is connecting at looks ok, but I can see there is still a high resistance showing on the line and an earth fault.

This is still in hand with openreach.  This type of fault can affect the broadband and TV services intermittently.

When Openreach confirm the external work has been completed, then we can retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
Thank you Karl. I am happy to wait and hear from yourselves or Management Team.
Thank you. These things have to be fixed.
Highlighted

Hi Diane,

No Problem πŸ™‚

Hopefully BT can prioritize the work and complete quickly.

Karl 

Working From Home Tips