Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre with TV box

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Karl,

Just to keep you updated, we tried to connect the TV+ box today but we cannot get passed "cannot connect to your broadband". I am wondering if I need a ""guru"". Perhaps it should connect, even if it is intermittent? Really sorry.

Thanks

Diane

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Karl,

By way of an experiment we re-connected the original 'You View' box which we had before I purchased the TV plus box.(we wanted to be able to record).  This does seem to be connected and working (once I find out how to use it!) as we have not long had this connected previously. Do you think that the TV+ box could be faulty?

Just thought I would let you know!

Thanks,

Diane

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Diane

Before the box can be used successfully it needs to connect to our TV database ad register and then receive any required updates.

If there is still an intermittent broadband issue this could prevent this from happening.

The TV signal is more sensitive than the usual broadband signal and is more easily affected.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Ok Karl, thank you.

I will wait until I hear what is happening.

Diane

Super Duper Contributor

Hi Karl,

Just an update so you know.

Your management team have phoned a few times and checked BT. They decided to try sending a new TV+ box. It does appear that this is working so it must have been the box (although a new one). The only problem I seem to have is that I cannot change the 'source' back from HDMI to TV. Although not too much of an issue so maybe I still need some help with that. But all ok at the moment. BT said they didn't know when the work would be done so perhaps yourselves or 'management team' will chase them for the issue to be completed. I know the management team will ring again after the holiday so I will update them and return the old box.

Thanks,

Diane

Highlighted

Hi Diane 

Glad the new box is working better.

Not bring able to change the source is an issue with the TV. 

Some newer TV's can have something called HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronic Control).  Basically a way for the TV to know what is connected and have limited control over a device.    I've a releatively new samsung TV with this feature and have disabled it in the TV menu as it was causing me issues and turning the TV & box on in the early hours when the box updated.

Have a look through the TV menu abd see if there is anything like this feature that can be turned off.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi there,

Just an update.  We were sent a new TV+ box by the management team. Have not heard anything further from them as yet. The box does appear to be working ok so it must have been a faulty tv+ box which I have sent back.

Friend at Xmas took a look and it seems to be ok apart from the fact I cannot get back to the tv via the 'source'. My friend said it didn't matter and just to stay on the tv etc. via the box.

Not sure if the management team still need to chase the fault with BT and wonder if you can tell me if all is well at your end. Had no luck by the way with HDMI CEC could not find anything.

Thank you so much for your help. 

Diane

Highlighted

Hi

Your friend is correct as all the TV channels can be viewed through the youview box.

There would be no involvement from BT as this would not be an external fault but an issue solely between the TV and the box.  BT would only become involved if there were a suspected line issue etc.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Karl,

Apparently there was an issue on the external line which was found when I recently went to fibre, but I can't remember which OCE (possibly Arne) I was in contact with & under which section now, which is why the management team rang me I gather. BT apparently have to dig up the road as an ongoing issue? Are  you able to double check the line for any issues?  I can't find the link now. Is there a quick way of finding a previous link without scrolling through so many.

Thanks Karl.

Diane

Highlighted

Hi Diane,

Line tests are still failing.  I've emailed networks for an update on this, and asked them to contact BT Openreach directly to chase this up.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Brilliant thank you Karl. I actually received a call from the engineer while I was out today to say they were coming. I advised him that I had been told previously that there was no need to enter the house and he agreed. Just got in so hopefully it may be done???? Let's hope so.

Many thanks for your help.

Just as a matter of info for you my speed test showed 30.5/9.4 if this is any indication.

Hoping I'll hear all is done?

Diane

Highlighted

Hi Diane,

Just to confirm, have you noticed any improvement since your last post?

Thanks

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Michelle,

I have just done a TT speed test and they are reading 24.3/6.4. on the computer. I haven't had the tv on this morning to see if there is any difference there! So not sure what those readings mean?

Thanks,

Diane

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
Have the line tests improved at your end?
Highlighted

Hi Diane,

Just run a line test again and still showing a potential earth fault, are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service such as noise on the line?

Chris

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hello Chris,

No, haven't noticed anything untoward.

The engineers were around area yesterday as they phoned me, perhaps not fixed, did they say it was?

Thanks again.

Diane

Highlighted

Hi Diane,

The only update we have is from yesterday, just says allow 72 hours so I'd see how it goes over the weekend and if there's no improvement can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
Thank you so much I certainly will.
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Chris,

To update you : the Open Reach were in the street this morning(Monday) and they knocked and stated that a very old cable needed to be replaced which was a 'dig up' job. They will report back and hopefully it should not take too long!! I will have connection but it may not be as good as you have anticipated with Fibre.  I have checked this morning and it was same as last time.

Will you check for updates and may I ask who will follow this up to ensure it is done? Yourselves?

Thanks you

Diane

Highlighted

Hi Diane,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Did the engineer provide any timescales? If not then we can ask our Network Team for a further update.

Brock886 - Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks