Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre with TV box

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hello,

Hole in the road but noone working today!

Will your network team let you/me know when it has been corrected?

or shall I still bump on the 28th Feb.

Diane

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Diane,

Thanks for the update. If it hasn't been resolved by this date then please can you bump your thread again and we can chase for a further update.

Thanks

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Ok thanks will do! Hope the hole doesn't sit for a month though!!!?

Highlighted

Hi Diane,

Is the hole covered up/cordoned off? If the hole has been dug then hopefully it won't take too long for the engineers to complete the required work.

Thanks

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi there,

Well well, I went out this morning and there it was gone.  All filled in and grass replaced.

Hopefully work all done and presume they will let you know.

Thanks for your help.  I gather you can check the line again and make sure all is ok.

Diane

Highlighted

Hi Diane

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I've completed a line test which is not detecting any faults. How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hello Debbie,

You have taken over!

The actual connection seems ok. I have done some speed tests and the best one came at 25.7/9.4.

Is this reasonable?

Diane

Highlighted

Hi Diane,

Thanks for the update. The sync speed does seem a little low. Hopefully DLM will start to increase the sync speed over the next couple of days. How is the overall performance of the connection?

Thanks

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Performance is ok on the computer. Just gets a bit slow when I go into catch-up for anything on the tv using TT tv+ box. Not too much of an issue as don't use games etc. But a bit better would be good.  23.5/6.2 just now on TT speed test.

Diane

Highlighted

Hi Diane,

Is it just slow initially loading the program or do you also get buffering while watching the program?

Chris

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hello Chris,

It is just slow whilst loading. Do not get buffering while the programme is on.

Diane

Highlighted

OK thanks, I think this is probably normal then, mine is a bit slow too initially but doesn't buffer once it starts. Could you continue to monitor and let us know if you experience any further problems 

Chris

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Excellent, thank you I will monitor.   I am presuming that the line is now clear and maybe it will speed up a bit now as we are on fibre.

Thanks for your help.

Diane

Highlighted

Hi Diane

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi again,

Just 'bumping' as requested previously.  Update is that I have today received a call from 'Management' to say that the fault has been fixed on the 21st Feb.Engineers dug up the pavement and filled in again, so I presume there are now no faults on the line as were found by yourselves.

The speed is no different at around 25/6 today.

Thanks for your help.

Diane

Highlighted

Hi Diane,

Thanks for the update. I've re-run the line test which is clear. Just to confirm, what speeds were you previously receiving?

Thanks

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Michelle,

From the original at 30.5/9.4 in January it does seem to have gone down to around 25/6.

Sometimes a bit less. Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Diane

Highlighted

Hi Diane,

Thanks for letting me know. Is the line still clear of any noise? Does your master socket have a test socket? I did read back through your thread, however I couldn't see if you had previously been asked this.

Thanks

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Michelle,

Yes line is still clear of noise, no problem with the phone at all. It's only the possible speeds although these are now fibre and up on the other speeds I had before prior to fibre.

Not sure about a 'test socket' but this is just a socket  with a DLink thing that the phone plugs into. Does this help. Have not actually been asked this. 

Diane

Highlighted

Hi Diane,

Ok thanks. I've included a Help Article below.

Your guide to master sockets

Thanks