Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre

40 REPLIES 40
Team Player

Where is my Fibre Speed Boost?

Accepted TalkTalk's offer of 24 months faster fibre plus fibre speed boost, due 15th August.

Nothing yet!

JohnT37
Highlighted
Community Star

Since your go live, have you turned the router off for a minimum of 30 minutes, otherwise, the speed boost will not take effect?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Team Player
Yes, it was off most of last night. I had read TT's recommendations.

Thanks for your reply
JohnT37
Highlighted
Community Star

Then in that case, I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi JohnT37,

Our systems are showing that the speed boost has been applied but your line profile is limiting your sync speed to 35Mbps 

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone sockets in addition to your router?

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service such as noise on the line?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Hello Chris,
We have 3 wireless telephones which share a single base unit, which is the only telephone connection.
We have a master socket with two outlets, one for telephone and one for computer. There has been no noise on the telephones
We are about 100m from the BT box but the connection from there to the house is copper.
Thanks for your reply
JohnT37
JohnT37
Highlighted
Community Team

Thanks for the information. Do you have another router that you can test with?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Hello Chris
Yes, I have a D-Link DSL-2780 and a Huawei HG533. Which one would recommend I use? My current router is Huawei 635 super router.
I disconnected all the telephones and a speed test showed a drop from 32+ to less than 30. I still have to test using the test socket.
JohnT37
Highlighted
Community Team

Unfortunately neither of those routers will work with fibre. I can send another router to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Chris
I would like to know if higher speeds would be available in future so, yes, I would like to try another router.
Have now tested using the test socket (27Gb/s), and with telephones and power connectors unplugged. No improvement!
JohnT37
Highlighted
Community Team

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days, please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Thanks Chris.
JohnT37
Highlighted
Team Player
Chris
I have just found a website quoting internet speeds for various parts of the country. I input my postcode and found the best speed in the area is 32 6Mb/s which is exactly what I am getting. In light of this you may consider cancelling the router - if it is too late.

not too late.
JohnT37
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi JohnT37,

I'm sorry, it's too late to cancel the order, so probably worth giving it a try when it arrives 🙂

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
OK Chris. It arrived this morning
JohnT37
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi JohnT37,

Thanks for the update. Please let us know how the connection and speed compares 🙂

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Chris
Tried the substitution yesterday and as expected, it made no difference. Could you cancel the speed boost for me.
If you give me the return address I will arrange to send the router back.

Many Thanks
JohnT37
Highlighted
Team Player
Sorry Michelle, didn't see you there!
JohnT37
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi John,

You won't see an immediate improvement in speed, you would need to leave the new router connected for at least 48 hours to allow DLM to monitor your connections and respond to any improvement in connections stats

Did you not receive a returns bag with the new router? If not then I can send one 🙂

If you'd still like the speed boost removed can you contact our Loyalty team, they'll be able to do this for you

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Chris
I did not have the other router connected for that long so I would like to try again before returning it. Is this OK?
There was not a return bag included but the bag it came in should suffice. However, you could confirm the return address.

Thanks again
JohnT37