Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre

15 REPLIES 15
warre
Popular Poster

Fibre has just been put into our road and Open Reach say to contact your provider to have it installed. T.T. say the speeds are not good enough for them to install. I am at a loss, why? They do not give any further info and suggest I caht online, which is the last thing on this earth I want to do.Can anyone explain to me?

Warre
Community Team

Hi warre,

Just to confirm, are you trying to place the order online or have you spoken directly with our Sales Team?

Thanks

warre
Popular Poster
I e=mailed them and the answer I got was speeds not good enough. I just do not understand
Warre
Community Team

Hi warre,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated our profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

warre
Popular Poster

Profile completed

Warre
Community Team

Hi warre,

Thanks for updating your profile.

I'm really sorry but unfortunately the information given appears to be correct, our systems do show that the speeds attainable at your address are below the threshold. Do you know approximately how far you are away from the fibre street cabinet?

Thanks 
Chris

warre
Popular Poster

I don't know how far it is, but 2 things I do not understand. !: Why would open reach do all this work if it is not going to be of any benefit to us and 2: Surely even though you say the speed is not good enough anything is better than what we have now?

Thanks,

George

Warre
Community Team

Hi warre,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to take a look at your current speed to see if we can increase this any further?

Thanks

warre
Popular Poster

My speeds are: Download 3.5 and upload 9.6. But why can't you answer my 2 questions :

Why would open reach do this work if it is of no benefit and surely having the fibre they have made available is better than what I have now.

Thanks

Warre
Gruffski
Participant

Warre

Looks like you are in the same boat as me. Openreach have installed fibre on my street. TalkTalk are not able to provide me with fibre broadband.  However,  BT are selling fibre broadband on my street. Have you checked BT site to see if they are selling fibre broadband? 

Gruffski Silver Surfer
Community Team

Hi warre,

Unfortunately if the estimated speed are below the minimum that we would offer for fibre then we would not be able to offer a upgrade to fibre. Even though the work has been completed by BTOR to the cabinet, the speeds are still determined by the line to the property. As speeds can vary between lines due to the length and quality then some lines may be able to achieve faster fibre speeds so fibre would then be available.

Thanks

warre
Popular Poster

Interesting as BT say at my address they can provide Ultra First Fibre 2 to my address with an guaranteed 150 mbs. What is going on?

Warre
warre
Popular Poster

Have done that and they say they can provide 150 mbps to me address. What are T.T. up to?

What sort of response have you had?

Warre
Gruffski
Participant

Warre

Openreach have stated that as they have installed FTTP they will not be commissioning FTTC connections. TalkTalk have said that, as FTTC connections are not available, they are not going to be able to connect my property using the FTTP connection. At least your current connection is better than mine, 0.8Mbps download and 0.4Mbps upload at best.

Only thing left to do is leave TalkTalk and go to BT😥😥😥

Gruffski Silver Surfer
warre
Popular Poster

Perhaps you can tell me how much it will be to leave my contract with you. I have not been told the full story as you will see from the replies I have had from Gruffski. No wonder Talk Talk comes bottom of every poll!

Warre
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @warre 

The full story is that TalkTalk is gearing up to resell Openreach FTTP in areas other than its own Fibre Nation roll-out.  Quite what will happen about customers in areas where the infrastructure is in the Openreach Fibre First portfolio is unclear as Openreach Fibre First areas were excluded from the wholesale development offers made generally to Communications providers.

On 26 July 2018 Tristia Harrison, TalkTalk CEO, welcomed Openreach’s decision to lower wholesale ultrafast pricing for companies such as TalkTalk. She added "It will lead to happier, more loyal customers as they will enjoy the benefits of faster, more reliable connectivity." and "we want to make sure that full-fibre is available to everyone at an affordable price. It cannot be priced at a significant premium."

Page 15 and page 23 of the presentation dated 5 March indicates that the TalkTalk wholesale deal with Openreach will include FTTP.  We're all just waiting for TalkTalk to be ready to sell us FTTP.  Until TalkTalk make a formal announcement and brief the sales teams it's a waiting game.

Customer Services can advise about termination charges. You may have to go through the complaints process to get a management decision on leaving without penalty if TalkTalk will not provision FTTP which is the only option to give you a reasonable broadband speed. How do I make a complaint? 

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer