Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi JohnT37

Yes of course, please let us know once the router has been connected for 48hrs.

Would you like me to send a returns bag as this will be a pre paid bag?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Hello Debbie
Yes I will let you know and yes I would like a returns bag.

A recent line check showed up an issue on our line. It is being investigated by Openreach. I would like to do the check with the router once we know the outcome of this investigation. I hope that is OK.
Thank you.
JohnT37
Highlighted

Hi John,

Yes that's fine 

I've ordered the returns bag, it should be with you within a couple of days

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Debbie
To our surprise an engineer arrived yesterday afternoon. After doing some line checks he fitted new innards to the BT junction box. Seems the incoming cable screw terminals can make poor contact. Subsequent speed test shows 45 Mb/s, better than previous 32.6.
I have just installed the alternate router for testing but doubt it will improve on 45. Will report in two days.
Chris says he has ordered a returns bag.
Cheers Debbie
JohnT37
Highlighted

Hi

Glad to hear the engineer has been able to make improvements.

Do report back and let us know if this improves further.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Karl
After the engineers visit I substituted the router for at least 2 days and found no difference between them. The returns bag has arrived so I can return the test router. Immediately after the engineers visit I got 45Mb/s. Throughout the test I got around 40 and that is the value I'm
now getting with the original router. Bit disappointing after the earlier reading. I did a line test and was told the fault was still under
investigation. Can you confirm this: if true then there is a chance of improvement.
Speed boost is supposed to give a range of 51 to 73Mb/s with a guaranteed 48Mb/s. Here's hoping.
JohnT37
Highlighted

Hi John

Your line is showing in sync at 51.1mb. No faults have been detected.

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Hello Debbie
I have done as you requested. Last speed test before switch off, 43.4. Test after switch off, 46.7. It was off for over an hour..
JohnT37
Highlighted

Hi John

Thank you. The speed test result of 46.7mb looks ok based on a sync speed of 51.1mb.

Was this a wired or wireless speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Debbie
It was wireless. At the moment I don't have a cable or adapter able to connect the router to my Macbook.
JohnT37
Highlighted

Hi John

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you leave the router switched on and we can check the connection stats again on Friday to see if DLM has made any further changes to the line profile/speed.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Debbie
Will do.
JohnT37
Highlighted
Highlighted

Hi John

Apologies for the delay.

I can see that DLM has started to increase the sync speed to 52.9mb. How have you found the connection?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Debbie
I have not used it since Friday. I will come back to you in a couple of days.
JohnT37
Highlighted
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie

Thanks for waiting

Checked speed yesterday (Sat) reading of 49.4...Very good.

Earlier this morning it dropped  to 42-45, now its back to 49. That is just above TalkTalk's guaranteed minimum so I am pretty happy with that.

If I do a line check, I am told that my query is still in the hands of engineers. Perhaps you could check this. Could you also make sure my return router arrived safely and I can ditch the receipt.

Finally can I thank you, Michelle, Chris and Karl and also community star Kieth French, who was 

first to reply to my original query. for all your help.

JohnT37
Highlighted

Hi JohnT37,

Thanks for the update 🙂 I've just re-run the line test which is clear. Are you still seeing this message at the moment?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Michelle
Yes, it still shows "We're working on your fault"
JohnT37
Highlighted

Hi John,

It's showing this because the fault ticket is still open, it should automatically close over the next few days and you should no longer see this message 

Chris