Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Firbre BB 30% speed reduction and lots of packet loss

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sightseer

Been having problems since around Thurs.

Tried the usual..

Several reboots later router is still only connecting at 60mbs rather than the usual 80mbs.

Trying to work form home is a nightmare. Getting packet loss every 30 mins or so.

Setting up a constant ping to Googles DNS from another computer shows drops at the same time my work vpn drops on my.work laptop.....

I'm pretty confident the problem isn't me or my equipment.

Highlighted
Community Star

Please complete your community forum profile details,  @pvarty for staff to identify your account.  Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Staff will reply Monday to Friday. 

Chat is available over the weekend from links on this page: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi pvarty,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Sightseer

Done!

Its getting worse.. currently connected at 40mbps.. was connecting at 80mbs last month. 

I may aswell switch to my 4g router at this rate.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi pvarty,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a possible issue towards the property and the connection also looks unstable. Just to confirm, does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket so we can re-run the line test again please?

Thanks