Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Flashing faster fibre

5 REPLIES 5
First Timer

Hi,

Recently my router frequently cuts out flashing orange. This happens for a few minutes at a time before coming back on. I have tried resetting and having to switch it off for a half hour. It may stay on for an hour before it cuts off or it may cut off after 15 minutes, which can be annoying especially when streaming. Hopefully someone can help

Community Star

Hi @Frostydizzle ,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Frostydizzle,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see quite a few re-connections on the line. Does your master socket have a test socket? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with to rule this out?

Thanks

First Timer

Hi...my master socket has a test socket (have removed the faceplate below the horizontal line and behind found the socket to the right hand side). This is the socket that the microfilter which my routers grey cable plugs into, is plugged into. There is no alternative router that I can test with but have been told I’ll have to pay £40 for an engineer to come out to check it, £65 if openreach has to come out. I don’t believe I should have to pay for this so have agreed to the engineer coming but will be looking elsewhere for another provider and if found, plan on contacting to cancel engineers visit as well as my contract.

Community Star

You will only be charged for an Openreach visit if a fault is found within your home, connecting at the test socket pretty much rules that out unless there is something which you have damaged yourself, or damp/water ingress. If you haven't tested with an alternative router then TalkTalk will send you one. If it turns out to be an external problem then moving to another provider is only likely to take it with you and Openreach will fix that without needing to switch at no charge in any event.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Frostydizzle,

I'm sorry for the delay. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes.

Thanks