Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Flashing orange light

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Visitor

Hi, my broadband went live yesterday, I'm trying to set up the router and it's been flashing orange for over an hour now and no Internet. Any suggestions? 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Asharmo ,

Did you receive a text/email to confirm your service had gone live ?. Are you able to log into the 'My Account' site to check the status of your activation ?

Can you ensure that the cable that connects the router to the phone socket is firmly attached.

Can you ensure that you have used the new cables and microfilter (if required) supplied with your router to connect your router to the phone socket.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

If you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line). Can you also dial 17070, this will read back the phone number of the line, can you ensure this is the number you expect (i.e. the number displayed in 'My Account').

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

The staff on this forum won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or phoning up over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Asharmo

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie