Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

For the attention of an OCE

18 REPLIES 18
aloeman
Conversation Starter

I'm furious. On Sunday, I renegoatiated a discount on my international calls boost. At the time the loyalty team member made the change to my account, I expressed a concern that my free fibre speed boost had been removed simultaneuosly.  The loyalty team member assured me that the free speed boost was still active. This evening, much to my annoyance, I discovered that the speed boost has, in fact, been removed and a 40/10 profile is now active on my line.

I'd be grateful if this is sorted as soon as possible and that the free fibre speed boost is reinstated.

Many thanks,

Mark

Community Team

Hi @aloeman

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

Community Team

i @aloeman

Thanks for your post,  apologies for problems you are having. 

I’ve looked at your account, the Free fibre boost promotion is no longer available, but also, the speed boost cannot be re-added back onto your account at this time. This is due to a decision we’ve made, where customers in a similar situation to yourself with the speed boost where not getting enough benefit in terms of speeds, so it was automatically removed when a renewal is processed , saving them the boost charge.  it looks like your account has included in this process. I can only apologize that this was not explained on Sunday.  We are working on a solution to this, which we will aim to allow us to re-add the boost  however at this time I don't have a time frame for the fix. 

Out of interest what speeds where you getting before ? 

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused

aloeman
Conversation Starter

OCE_Arne

To say that I'm annoyed would be an understatement! I did not renew, my broadband contract only ends in December 2019. I only asked for a discount on my international calls boost to be reinstated, which the agent on chat agreed to. When I got the confirmation email, I noticed that the fibre speed boost appeared to have been removed. I immediately queried this with the agent and was assured that it was still active and still free. I was also told that the free fibre boost would end on 13 October 2019. You can check the chat logs to verify this.

What makes this even more annoying is that the speeds I was getting were 70/17 easily, which is way above what I'm getting now! Also, the cabinet has vectoring and the line is in fact capable of 80/18 when a 3 or 4db SN profile is active on the line (the line produces minimum errors). I had that for some time a few months back before DLM decided to limit the line to 70Mb.

Can this get sorted please so that I get the speed I was getting before yesterday's shocking speed adjustment, particularly as the boost was removed without my permission.

Thanks,

Mark

Community Team

Hi aloeman

I do understand your frustration but we are unable to add the speed boost back to your account due to a recent change to the system.  It's physically not possible for us to add this.

I can only suggest you follow our Complaint Process

Thanks

Karl. 

aloeman
Conversation Starter

That is really poor. I can't see how this change benefits your customers. How does the speed boost get added in the first place with the new system? What will lodging a complaint actually achieve?

Thanks,

Mark

Community Team

Hi

The complaints teams may be able to escalate this matter further for you.

Please understand, it's certainly not unwillingness on our part here, but the current system / process in place will not allow us to add this to the account. 

Feedback has been passed to the relevant teams to look at this process going forward.

Thanks

Karl. 

aloeman
Conversation Starter

Thanks. I have submitted a complaint. We'll see what happens......

Mark

aloeman
Conversation Starter

In the meantime, can you please upgrade my Sagemcom WiFi Hub to the latest firmware?

Many thanks,

Mark

Community Team

Hi

Firmware should now be updated for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

paul0rimmer
Team Player

Forgive me for jumping onto your thread, OP, but I'm curious about something you said:

"...a 40/10 profile is now active on my line..."

Can I ask - have you found this out yourself, or is that what TalkTalk have told you? I'm having an issue with TT myself (poor upload speed), and I'm quite certain that while I should be on a 40/10 profile, I am in fact on a 40/2 line. Is there a way I can find out for myself (without just taking TT's word for it) what line I'm on, do you know?

Thanks in advance.

aloeman
Conversation Starter

Many thanks.

aloeman
Conversation Starter

Paul

It's quite clear from looking at the connection stats. Down 39999 and Up 9999.

Mark

paul0rimmer
Team Player

Thanks, Mark. 

You mean the connection stats on the TalkTalk router page? Mine fluctuate but are in the region of 38000 down and 3500 up, but then I live quite a distance from the exchange. 38000 is pretty close to my 'real world' download speeds of 36-37mbps (measured with Ookla or BT speedchecker), but 3500 up is optimistic: I'm getting no more than 2mbps according to the usual speedcheckers. Either way, it's nothing like 9999, which makes me think TT (or is it Openreach that actually manage profiles?) don't have me on the 40/10 line.

Thanks again for replying.

aloeman
Conversation Starter

I'm very disappointed (and shocked, frankly) with the poor manner in which my complaint has been dealt with. I now have two references - Incident number: 190417-001345 and Complaint reference number: 1-000005-997318-0. I was promised a call back by a "senior manager" more than a week ago, but I have heard nothing since. There is no satisfactory resolution to my complaint after two full weeks.

Can an OCE escalate this further so that it is dealt with satisfactorily without further delay, please?

Many thanks,

Mark

Community Team

Hi Mark,

We can escalate your complaint to our CEO's Office, how would you prefer to be contacted?

Chris

aloeman
Conversation Starter

Email please. 

Thanks, 

Mark

Community Team

OK Mark I'll sort this out for you

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Mark,