Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Free WIFIHUB upgrade to fast fibre

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Sightseer

I have issues  with , the old Huawei faster broadband !!! I did upgrade to faster fibre ( 16 months ago ) in order to be able to stream and update my wifi hub but , as from today , still NO free upgrade as advertised and still waiting for it . I have spent 2h40 in live chat today to resolve both issues in vain as Talktalk are refusing to honour what I consider now as " false advertising " , I am left with a very poor temperamental Fibre debit !!!and an old broadband box ....what else can I do ?? Engineers :Outreach have checked the line and found issues ? and talktalk engineer to check home set up nxt week ( as they did prior I signed for faster fiber ) and this being used as an excuse not to honour the wifi hub upgrade..... any ideas appreciated ...tc all

Anontalk
Highlighted
Community Star

OK, there may be issues other than just with the router here. If you would like the online support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

Highlighted
Sightseer
have done , thanking you
Anontalk
Highlighted
Community Star

No worries.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

There are a lot of drops showing.  I've a router on the way to you so this can be ruled out.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Sightseer

I cannot but thank you for your attention and await eagerly ( after 18 months or so ) for the line of action you are taking . My set up has been sluggish from start although investigated by TT home engineer with little improvement , I have put up with it, has , at the time , I had less demand for a flowing speedy wifi , which I need now , for day to day work , entertain , chores . Fair to say that  ,  Covid and neighbours close by working from home has certainly been an added factor to limit my debit and its regularity further more ... I am sure that new hub , will help having read all the independant reviews to date ... pity it took that long for me to be heard , thanking you again in anticipation , Cordialy ... Anontalk

Anontalk
Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Test for a day or two with the new Hub then let me know how things are running.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Sightseer
I certainly will ...thankin you again , GREATLY appreciated , tc
Anontalk
Highlighted

You're Welcome.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Sightseer
it has arrived , it is plugged in and running ,
and ...........
I am now getting Fast fibre !!!! @ long last .... well in excess of 30 as expected!
Pity not every One on TT`s , have your approach , care and understanding
a 100% satisfaction from me with your professional intervention ....
I dont see
the point for Home visit now as the problem laid in the hub as I suspected ...
Once more , for all reading : problem solved by you , Karl ...kudos and appreciations
there are some GOOD peep working with TT ... you are One of them ..... thanxs again and tc
Anontalk
Highlighted

Hi

So glad to hear the new hub is working and has resolved the issue.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips