Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fritzbox/supervectoring

10 REPLIES 10
Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

Quick question, I'm thinking of buying a fritzbox router that has "supervectoring" what is supervectoring and does talktalk support it? Fritzbox 7530...

Gareth wigglesworth
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Gareth

Openreach does not use supervectoring.

For the higher speeds that VDSL supervectoring would offer Openreach chose instead to deploy G.Fast with its own integral vectoring.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

Any tips on a good modem/router combo? 

Gareth wigglesworth
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Gareth

TalkTalk supply routers that have integral modems. For G.Fast connections a modem is supplied by Openreach and the TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub is connected to the modem via a WAN port.

Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

I have a couple of different modem/routers for gaming specifically. In short I'm in search of the best possible connection. The best connection so far as been draytek 130 modem in the 5364's wan. Zero errors, stable line with good snr. Talktalks has errors and my upstream and is -15. 

Gareth wigglesworth
Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

So no point getting the fritzbox?

Gareth wigglesworth
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Gareth

The Draytek modem is a good performer, Openreach approved and Draytek offer great support.

There's no point in considering the Fritzbox for supervectoring and VDSL speeds of 300Mbps that aren't supported by Openreach.

Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

I was looking at billion routers but even the newest versions look from the year 2000 

Gareth wigglesworth
Birchcroft
Wise Owl

Given your earlier comments regarding your 130/5364 combo I'm not sure why you want to change.  However given you do it might be worth look at routers targeted at specifically at gamers by manufacturers such as ASUS, TP-LINK, and Netgear and/or doing a search for "best gaming routers" .

I use, and am very satisfied with, a Draytek 2762 but that is because of the facilities it offers rather than for gaming purposes.

Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

I have an archer vr 600. Its ok. It keeps switching to bt vdsl tho from tallktalk vdsl everytime you change a setting.

Gareth wigglesworth
Birchcroft
Wise Owl

Hi, what do you mean when you say it switches to by vdsl when you change a setting?