Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fttp connection

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Openreach Fttp is available for me to have connected but despite talktalk listed on the openreach website as a provider I'm unable to get it. Anyone know why or when this will be possible

Highlighted
Philosopher

No dates or prices released as yet for TT using the BTOR FTTP connection

Martin
Highlighted
Insightful One

True TalkTalk are not yet offering FTTP to domestic customers, but they do offer up to 1Gbit leased lines to business customers, which I suspect are FTTP, and this is probably why OR list TalkTalk on their website. TalkTalk claim to have 60% more ethernet exchanges than BT and the charge is up to £90/m, currently discounted to £72, details can be found by following the link provided on TalkTalk's business site:

https://www.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/

I've just looked again a the 1Gbit line, ie FTTP, is from £274😣

Highlighted
Community Star

@Birchcroft Leased lines are not the same as FTTP. 

Highlighted
Insightful One

@ferguson technically it's true leased lines are technology neutral, so need not be fttp, however I suspect that in this day and age they will be implemented using fibre, and if so they are they will be fttp.  Whether or not this is achieved using fttp as being rolled out by OR of course is another matter, but as I said I suspect it might be, thus the listing on OR's web site.  I could of course be wrong.

In any case having checked further I suspect the cost of the 1Gbit line would be prohibitive for most home users.  They are however asking customers to register interest in their new fibre package launching in July 2020 which may be based on OR fttp, but as they do not say one can't be sure.  Details here:

https://www.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/products/business-broadband-and-fibre/FullFibre/

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

@Birchcroft Agreed, business solutions do not equate to domestic ones. It is irritating though to see TalkTalk listed as a provider when, currently, they are not. I wonder whether that site just lists all ISPs regardless? TalkTalk Business do have their own separate entry. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox
When I first checked a few weeks ago while the fibre was been installed to the pole talktalk were listed then disappeared, so went to bt. They failed to turn up so I cancelled. Now talktalk has reappeared on the list.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Brian,

We don't have exact dates for FTTP at the moment, however we are hoping to be able to provide more information on this soon.

Thanks