Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Global Protect VPN - can't connect to do work

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi,

I've seen another couple of threads with the same issue as us - unable to connect to VPN connections for work via Palo Alto Global Protect. Here's an example, which has another example:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Product-Archive/Palo-Alto-GlobalProtect-VPN-Client/td-p/2286462

It suggests we need a new router to be able to connect to it. Is this possible? We've had this issue for a while on and off and it's causing us to have unpaid days due to not being able to work, so I'm desperate for a solution 😕

Thank you for any help in advance!

Rebecca Lloyd
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @rlloyddesign 

The only router with VPN problems is the DSL-3782, but only if it is still running firmware version 1.08, this was fixed in version 1.10.

Which make/model of router do you have and what firmware version is it running?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
First Timer

The router version we have is FAST 5364, software version is SG4K10002808t I believe?

Thank you for letting us know. Completely stuck as to why we can't connect to this VPN but we can connect to a different VPN (my fiancé's VPN for work is different to mine). Any help with this would be appreciated!

Rebecca Lloyd
Highlighted
Community Star

This router does not have any known problems with connecting to VPNs. However, some VPN clients seem to have issues with the standard TalkTalk DNS servers, which can affect any router. Try logging in to the router & going to:-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Internet Connectivity

In there set DNS to Manually specify DNS.

Then set DNS 1 & 2 to use Google DNS by changing them to:-

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 respectively.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they?