cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Go Live date 2 days ago, Router still flashing amber and white, no internet

15 REPLIES 15
Chatterbox

Hello, I'm a new Faster Fibre customer, currently very disappointed!

My Go Live date was 18.09.2020

• I connected the WiFi Hub at 08:00
  • I received an email at 12:39 saying my Faster Fibre service is live
  • I returned home at 19:00, and the light on the router was flashing white and amber
  • I decided to wait and see if it would 'go live' overnight

Yesterday, 19.09.2020

• I got up at 07:30 and checked the router, it was flashing white and amber
  • I switched it off for 1 hour to reset
  • I turned it back on at 08:30 and the light was still flashing white and amber
  • I phoned customer service and spoke to the AI Robot who said TalkTalk are working on the connection and it should be up within 5 hours
  • At 12:00 I phoned again, and wanted to speak to a person. I spoke to this technician for almost 1 hour, doing various tests including dismantling my phone port plug to use the test plug underneath. 
  • Light still flashing amber and white, after all tests
  • Technician says I will need an engineer to come see, but there are no appointments until October 1st which is 2 weeks ago. This is unacceptable so I did not make appointment. 

Help! I'm mostly working from home at the moment so need my internet to function.

I saw somebody write about a solution involving logging into your router and changing settings to Fibre, but I don't know how to do that. I tried to login by going to 192.168.1.1 in my browser (following TalkTalk online instruction's) but no joy, site cannot be reached on my phone or laptop. 

Any ideas?

No
First Timer

Typical. My go-live date was 29th of August. An engineer was scheduled to come to my place on the 29th of August and I am still waiting. I waited the whole day at home and I wasn't even informed that the engineer has been over booked and could not make it. I had to find it out myself. TalkTalk do not know what they are doing. A crap service. Seems like they are getting us engineers from a different planet. Good luck and keep waiting. Sometimes it takes nearly a year to get an engineer from the nearest planet.

Community Star

@cliffra, posting on another customer's thread unless you are able to contribute to the situation doesn't really help either you or the OP.

Please take a look at the forum guidelines:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Announcements-Guidelines/bd-p/110

You need to start your own thread if you need help for your own situation. 

@cliffra & @Maryhill, staff reply to threads from Monday to Friday. 

They will work from oldest to newest, which is why it is a good idea not to post further till you get a reply. The workflow algorithm otherwise won't work in your favour if you follow up before staff reach this. 

You will speed things up then if you have already completed your community forum profile details,  so staff can identify your account.  Without that they have no idea who you are.

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Staff will reply during business hours Monday-Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Maryhill

All orders have completed and the service should be live.

Can you check the home phone has a clear dial tone ?

I've made a small change here to our platform, can you power off the router for 30 minutes then back on so I can see if an authentication record is created.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Chatterbox

Hi @OCE_Karl ! Thanks for your reply. 

I turned the router off for a few hours yesterday: from approx 4pm to approx 7pm. Light still amber and white. 

Yesterday I was also on the phone to Customer Service from 3-4pm doing various tests again (resetting router and using the test plug under the cover), the TalkTalk representative suspected it may have been an issue with my router so sent me a new one. It already arrived today and I have it the whole new system plugged in for about an hour now, light still amber and white flashing. 

What else can I try? Could it be because this is the first Fibre service I have used? 

Thank you!

No
Chatterbox

@OCE_Karl I forgot to say, we do not own a home phone to complete this test unfortunately. 

No
Chatterbox

Please can somebody offer help / advice, I'm currently having to pay to use BT Openzone Wifi to work from home, I urgently need assistance and can't waste another 45mins on customer service call as I did yesterday and Saturday. 

Any advice please @OCE_Karl @OCE_Chris @OCE_Michelle ?

No

Hi

If possible, if you could borrow a handset for 2 minutes just to see if there is a dial tone, that would help, just makes sure that BT have connected the line correctly.

After that, next option is an openreach engineer to look at the fibre circuit and see if it has been jumpered correctly at the local street cabinet.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Community Star

Can you not borrow a handset from a family member/friend/neighbour just to check if you have a dialtone when plugged into the test socket? If so, check that your number is correct by dialling 17070. Your phone number can be seen in My Account.

Chatterbox

Hi @OCE_Karl @ferguson , I borrowed a phone and can confirm I have no dial tone. What does this mean? I'm confused, as up until my service contract ended with PlusNet last Friday I had no issues with connection, which makes me suspect this must be a TalkTalk issue? 

No
Community Star

It does seem that the line has not been set up correctly. Thanks for checking, that gives @OCE_Karl and his colleagues something to go on. 

Hi Maryhill,

The next step will be to arrange and engineer visit. If you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

Hi Maryhill,

Thanks for confirming your details, I've replied to your PM requesting a bit more information

Chris

Hi Maryhill

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 01/10 AM (8am - 1pm) This was the first available appointment.

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Chatterbox

Thanks @OCE_Debbie , can you confirm the engineer will be wearing a N95 mask or equivalent? 

No

Hi Maryhill

The engineer should have a face mask. We have been advised that the engineers have access to PPE and face masks.

Thanks

Debbie