Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Go live date yesterday 27th full signal no internet

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Participant

Go live date yesterday 27th March, all connected ready for to go live.

Computer and phones showing full signal after logging onto the system but no internet.

Tried a number of reboot's without success.

Please kindly assist

Gordon Ogle
Highlighted
Community Star

What is the state of the light(s) on the router? You may need to reboot each device connected to the router, if they were previously connected to another router.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi gordonogle

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Debbie

Information updated 🙂

Gordon Ogle
Highlighted

Hi gordonogle

Thank you. Please can you also add your TalkTalk telephone number to your Community Profile.

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Debbie,

Done, added TalkTalk number to profile 0191 number

Confirm this morning:

1) Still flashing orange light on Router

2) I have a dialling tone on my landline phone

3) Showing full signal on laptop and phone for WiFi

4) Still no internet access

Gordon Ogle
Highlighted

Hi gordonogle,

We are doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona Virus

Sorry about this but looks as though the order has been delayed, can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for further updates 

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Chris,

First question, are you from TalkTalk?

2nd Question, WHY are TalkTalk not giving the reason for this delay?

The reason for the delay is that Openreach are having difficulties with high workloads, this I found from the EE Sales team, hence no one from openreach has been to the local box to connect

Letting customers know what the issues are, trust me, is much better than not knowing

Gordon Ogle
Highlighted
Philosopher

@gordonogle i am sure they will find out but might not be shown a full clear reason due to the current issues with delays as others are finding

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted

Hi gordonogle,

Openreach are of course extremely busy at this time, the delay seems to be due to a fault at the street cabinet, this was identified and passed back to Openreach to carry out further work, apologies again for the delay

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update, hopefully it will be resolved soon, as this is affecting my business and more importantly keeping in touch with elderly parents

1 week gone, hopefully not another week......................

Gordon Ogle
Highlighted
Participant

Hi Keith,

Really appreciate your efforts to assist, the issue if I have found is the connection at the local box, which needs Openreach to address, they are rushed off their feet at the moment, so it's a case of wait and see.  EE Sales advisor informed me that it's taking three weeks for people getting connected, as again Openreach need to connect all their new customers and this is the time scale

Gordon Ogle
Highlighted
Participant

''There's a bit of a delay. We're working hard to get your services up and running as quickly as we can. Check back later for an update.''

Please TalkTalk define ''BIT'' as I enter week 2 waiting for connection

Also, please ask customer services to TALK to your sales team, it's as if they are two separate companies not TALKTALK to each other

Gordon Ogle
Highlighted
Philosopher

@gordonogle please remember that talktalk like other isps have to work with 3 party business and they have changed the way they work now due to the workload

So it can take some time and as they have to wait like up to 72 hrs before but now that is out of the window

i am sure they all doing what they can but might be bt optec have not many staff on the road covering all areas like before like other business have the same

As u are anew connection things will take longer as new installs are now on hold till June on bt optec side

just wait i am sure soon they will get u sorted out.

Highlighted
Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback

Totally understand the current situation, BUT

1) Talking with TalkTalk sales, they are not telling people when they take new business that it will take so long for new business connections to connect

They actually told me to contact Openreach directly, and of course Openreach ask you to contact your supplier

2) All has gone silent from Talk Talk customer services, no texts or e-mails giving an update

As I mentioned in my last post, this has not changed

There's a bit of a delay. We're working hard to get your services up and running as quickly as we can. Check back later for an update.

I am sure you will agree, it's important to tell any customers new or old, what the current situation is, then people will make other plans, if you don't keep people updated they get upset............

No one has mentioned June

I can guarantee, they will still take the direct debit.................

Gordon Ogle
Highlighted
Philosopher

Let's see what a oce says next week if they have a update 

Maybe call staff not being informed about the changes. Oce can feedback for u.

Highlighted

Hi gordonogle,

Replacement equipment was needed at the exchange to progress your order. This has now been ordered by Openreach. We should have a further update for you soon. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Emma,

greatly appreciate the update, thank you 👍

regards

Gordon

Gordon Ogle
Highlighted
Participant

Hi Emma,

This morning we were connected, tried phoning landline and yes working ok.

Went onto my laptop, rebooted router and laptop, only able to see BBC main page for seconds then no other internet available this is sitting right by the router.

Any suggestions or will the system take a while to come on line

Gordon Ogle
Highlighted

Hi Gordon, 

Could you please switch your router off for at least 20 mins then reboot and re-test.

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution