cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Go live delayed

27 REPLIES 27
Team Player

Pretty sure without searching I will find a number of moans about go live dates being delayed. This one is no different if thats the case, does anyone from TalkTalk contact the customer or do you just rely on the customer calling you, hanging on forever and then when you complian they hang up? Or try the online help, to be held up for 15 minutes then they say 'its an engineering problem' and they wont elaborate just say an update is due on pick any day at random.

Well having left a review on line I was advised to come here or call, I tried calling, now I am here, my patience, already wafer thin, is not unlimited. Answers as to how long and why the delay would be nice, faiiling this I am going to part with a years money and march to BT who tell me there isnt an issue and they can connect it within ten days

TalkTalk: For a fourth successive quarter, TalkTalk received the most complaints per 100,000 customers.
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Mark4937

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

Team Player

Good job I didnt hold my breath, seems this place you don't get help either.

Ok time for more naming and shaming on other forums then move my butt to BT

Shambles 

TalkTalk: For a fourth successive quarter, TalkTalk received the most complaints per 100,000 customers.

Hi @Mark4937

Sorry that you are unhappy,  

The Order is delayed with BT Openreach as there is more external work that needs to be completed and the next review date is on 29/01/2019, As only BT Openreach can complete this work unfortunately we have no choice but to wait. 

Be aware that this work will be required with ANY provider using the BT network. 

Apologies again. 

Team Player

So your online help tells me something different from you. I wonder how you lot manage to keep any customers.

I simply don't believe you when you say the 29th as I was told the 23rd, which is today. Unless they reviewed it at prior to 8.04 am when your reply was posted,

Team Player

I spoke to BT Openreach, there is no space in the cabinet so there is no date for this to be installed. TalkTalk have been told this, yet you don't tell your customers, I realise that I am not paying for the service you have yet to provide but I am paying for a poor 2 mb speed that I was told could be upgraded to fibre and now know it isn't likely thsi side of the next ice age.

Team Player

Me again, as TalkTalk are so useless, I thought I would bump this up so the newbies can see how rubbish they are and hopefully not sign up to the lies and inefficiency.

No response from TalkTalk to my complaint, aside from the initial call and hang up, worringly enough they have my mobile number as well as the house phone, well worringly as they don't use either.

Team Player

Hi, 

so an update.

I had to contact TalkTalk (again) as they seem incapable of contacting their own customers. They informed me that the go live date is now today, I wont be holding my breath.

So I asked for an update on my complaint, logged on the 15th Jan, turns out they were supposed to update me on this as per the customer complainst code, aside from one phone call where they actually hung up on me, I did not swear, I wasn't rude, I have heard nothing. Profuse apologies ensued but I still refuse to close the complaint until someone actually calls me and tells me what they have/are doing

Team Player

Shock, horror, just got an email from TalkTalk saying there will be a delay. I am stunned by this news, after all the update just yesterday said it was going to be done today.

Any danger of your complaints team actually following up with this and calling me?

Community Star
Hi Mark sorry you are having problems, for the OCE team to help you they will need to find your landline phone number in your community profile. Your post has been flagged for assistance so you should hear shortly.
I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Community Star

@Mark4937 I have merged this topic with your original thread. I appreciate your frustration, but spamming the forums with your issue will not achieve anything and is a breach of the community guidelines. 

Team Player

So no one has contacted me, and TalkTalk liars have no changed my go live date to the 30th Jan from the original 14th. I was supposed to get an update today, so I called, as no one bothers to call me. No surprise its delayed, could this be down rto Openreach having no plans to expand capacity in the cabinet? Hmm, let me think, no according to TalkTalk they are working on the line so my (30th jan) order can be fulfilled with the mimimum delay to me.

What a load of bull, also in the chat the TalkTalk rep said that I had instructed cancellation, I had done no such thing but they refused to say this. Only that it would be escalated to a manager, pretty sure I will be disconnected soon and then billed for not fulfilling my contract. Oh, I have a recorded phone line in work, nice, plus the chats I email myself the transcripts.

Hi Mark4937,

I'm sorry about this, unfortunately we can only wait for Openreach to resolve the capacity issue. Would you like me to escalate your complaint to our CEO's Office?

Chris

Team Player

I get that you have to wait for Openreach, what I don't understand is why your operatives lie about this, or ignore it, or whatever you want to call it.

Escalate please, though I doubt anything will happen 

OK, I'll escalate your complaint to our CEO's Office as requested, one of our Complaint Managers will contact you within 10 working days to discuss your complaint, apologies again for any inconvenience 

Chris

Hi Mark4937,

Just letting you know that I've now escalated your complaint to our CEO's Office

Chris

Team Player

An update, having been told that I would get an update today, I logged in and asked live chat for an update.

My update is they will update me tomorrow.

Bonkers, worst company EVER

Team Player

So asked for an update today, cos you clowns don't bother contacting anyone.

The update is.......drum roll....

an update on Monday as no one works weekends.

Honestly you couldn't make it up....

Share price  £0.98 down again today.......nice

Team Player

I know its early butthe share price is now .915p, down another 4p this mornign. I am on with my friendly neighbourhood TalkTalk cahppie via live chat for my update, hopefully I will have an update before the company implodes

Philosopher

If your complaint is, as advised by the OCEs, with the CEO Office, then forum support and Live Chat will no longer be able to update you.

You will be contacted by the CEO Office directly.

Martin