cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Go live fail, no router, fast fibre cancelled.....

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

Ill try to contain as much of my seething rage as possible, current circumstances in mind, however it would be an understatement to say that as a new customer....I’m a teeny bit disappointed.

Scheduled go live for us was yesterday, 1st. No router received, already lost connection but I didn’t think much of it assuming our BT one was ISP locked. Bought a TP link for the short term.....no connection, no line from our ADSL.

Logged on to TalkTalk account to find our Fast Fibre now cancelled with no mails or courtesy comms to inform. On a matter of principal I am now aggravated. 

Like many posters on this board, im a healthy mix of confused and absolutely livid. I now have no internet, I can’t work from home and no matter how you try to manipulate the automated call service you eventually get the COVID recording.

Called BT (first time round under 10 minutes) who were able to confirm ownership of the line is definitely with yourselves and it would take 2 weeks to get back on board with them.

So right now I would very much appreciate some light shed as to what is actually happening please and if this will take longer than 2 weeks? If so I need to sign back up as soon as possible before I lose my job.

Thank you,

AngryCat

Perpetually annoyed
Highlighted
Community Star

You'll receive a reply on here from a TT staff member in the next few days. Sit tight - your thread is in the workflow. 

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2,

Unfortunately if I don’t get any feedback before CoB tomorrow please just cancel everything. Looking at the other posters, this ISP just isn’t giving a great account of it self. 

What I am seeing and reading is borderline horrifying if I am being honest, even prior to the lockdown. I really wish I did more reading before being swayed by the cheaper tariffs 😞

Perpetually annoyed
Highlighted
Community Star

I can't even cancel for you, as I am just a volunteer.

Try this: 

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/my/enquiry

You MUST be signed in to My Account for the form to submit correctly. 

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
First Timer

As an update to this tread, I’ve since switched back to BT with an unavoidable transfer period of 2 weeks (unless of course the powers that be can give the line back a little quicker which would be a great kindness).

TT have also wavered the early exit fee which was also noted and appreciated.

There’s a lesson to be learned here, it’s worth sticking with the devil you know even if you are paying a little extra. It’s the by far more accessible customer services you are paying for.

Perpetually annoyed