Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Go live- really?!

9 REPLIES 9
Chibs91
Chatterbox

To say I am disgusted right now is me being calm.

Our go live date was to be yesterday (11/6/19). Needless to say, we haven't gone live. I used live chat to sort out the issues. Nothing worked. Your lovely live chat man then decided it would be appropriate to ask me to undo a whole master socket, and mess about with live wires I know nothing about!

So naturally, refused. Asked if an engineer could do this for me. Yes....for £40 on top of having no connectivity! Asked why a fee as not had any service as of yet, told pay it or have no service basically.

I have saved the live chat. We tried calling but that was a wait time disaster. Any help on here much appreciated, or our services are going somewhere else.

Community Team

Hi Chibs91,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Just to confirm, do you have a dial tone?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chibs91
Chatterbox

Updated info.

Cant help with the dialtone as we dont use a landline - we have contract mobiles so we dont ever buy a landline.

We could cope with no service until we get an engineer, we just dont see why we should be charged when we've done nothing wrong at all. 

Community Team

Hi Chibs91,

Can you confirm that your router is currently connected to your master socket and switched on 

How many telephone sockets do you have?

Chris

Chibs91
Chatterbox

I'll summarise my whole chat with tech support -

All sockets are plugged in, on and working. The router is continually flashing an Amber light. I have logged into the router, it is stating there is no connection from the exchange.

The connection we have at the wall is FTTC. The router has been restarted multiple times to no avail and the connection tested at your end multiple times. The ADSL cable is connected to the master socket from the router via a microfilter. We have a second basic telephone line in the spare room. This rendered the same results.

We have just moved into this property, and this is what was installed on our arrival. We know the last Tenant had BT, and had no issues with connectivity (we contacted the letting agent to confirm).

Your agent asked me to remove the master socket and check all wires, which I am not comfortable with as I am not an engineer.

Community Team

Thanks for the information 

Could you take a look a the This guide to master sockets and let me know which type you have

Chris

Chibs91
Chatterbox

Openreach one with a adsl port at the top and a phone/microfilter one at the bottom.

Chibs91
Chatterbox

My girlfriend has plugged the adsl direct to the openreach port and hey presto - we are online. Why on earth does your tech support not know this? We even told them what port it was!

Thanks for the help on the forum. You've been more useful than the live chat agents.

Community Team

That's great news, glad to hear it's working now. Just in case you don't know, you don't need to use the micro-filter in the telephone socket as this type of socket is prefiltered

Chris

martswain
Philosopher

@Chibs91 wrote:

My girlfriend has plugged the adsl direct to the openreach port and hey presto - we are online. Why on earth does your tech support not know this? We even told them what port it was!

Thanks for the help on the forum. You've been more useful than the live chat agents.

Haha, you obviously didn't read the set-up guide either !

Looks like it's 1-1 between you and the agents...

Martin