Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HG633 Power Saving Settings

5 REPLIES 5
Fedup8
Team Player

I have an HG633 modem/router running version 2 firmware. 

Recently, I have had more time on my hands and have noticed that my wifi is intermittent. It's almost like the router has gone to sleep.

My Windows laptop would regularly lose WiFi connectivity. Having discovered the power saving settings had been reset by an update, this did not cure the problem. My Roku TV box regularly reports "no WiFi" and my wireless printer often does not work. It will take me several attempts to connect to the router by which time full connectivity is restored.

Does anyone know how to access power saving settings on this router?

Thanks in advance,

John

Community Team

Hi John,

Your router doesn't appear to have been rebooted in quite a while so could you try this initially please, and then retest. (probably not strictly necessary for this issue but could you switch the router off for at least 30 minutes to force a new session)

Chris

Fedup8
Team Player

Hi Chris,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I'm surprised that you consider 3 days of uptime to be a long time!

However, I will now power-off my router for 30 minutes, as you requested.

Regards,

John

Community Team

Thanks John, sorry hadn't noticed the reconnection, not showing in the authentication logs but I can see there was a retrain

Chris

Fedup8
Team Player

Hi Chris,

I haven't had a chance to see if there has been any difference with WiFi connectivity. I hope to have a bit more time on my hands at the weekend.

Regards,

John

Community Team

Hi Fedup8,

OK, please let us know how you get on 🙂

Chris