would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HG633 Security Logs Missing

ANSWERED
8 REPLIES 8
ddtalk
Team Player

Why have the Security Logs in the HG633 routers been disabled?

Highlighted
chtechie
Team Player

@ddtalk Running an HG633 in Bridge mode, Hardware version:H.1.01 Software version: v1.15t and it certainly shows Security Logs as an option although I don't have entries in that log, do you have that option & what have you tried to get an entry in the log (I could try replicating), I wonder if a later version has that option disabled

Highlighted
ddtalk
Team Player

@chtechie I didn't know there was a bridge mode on the HG633 though I do run two lines with the two routers connected.

Normally I have multiple entries in the Security Logs with regular trash attacking my routers, both of the HG633 just have a blank screen now, the firmware version has been at v2.00t for a long time so I presume talktalk have altered the settings in one of their remote updates?

I've tried switching off and on.

2019-09-13_002127.jpg

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi ddtalk,

If you set one of the routers in normal mode (not bridge mode) with just the single router connected can you then see the log entries?

Thanks

Highlighted
ddtalk
Team Player

@OCE_MichelleThey are not in bridge mode, I use IP separation.

Something has changed, I have not changed the settings but the security logs have disappeared.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi ddtalk,

I don't know why the security log are missing but you could you try resetting the router to factory default setting then monitor over the weekend to see if the security logs are being updated again

Chris

Highlighted
ddtalk
Team Player

@OCE_Chris  Easier said than done!

Firstly I have an extremely grumpy person in this household uses this router, taking it down can be at "risk of life".

Secondly, I have a lot of settings in use

• port mapping
  • port forwarding
  • static IPs
  • Custom router IP
  • Custom DHCP
  • Possibly more that I have forgotten about (its a long time ago).

I'll try a factory reset followed by a restore settings before building up the courage to do a clean setup (if necessary).  Its funny that both our routers have lost their Security Logs, the other router has much less customisation, just limited DHCP range iirc.

If you don't hear from me again you will know the first reason occurred.

Highlighted
ddtalk
Team Player
Solution

The answer to the problem .....

It is my ad-blocker (ublock origin) that blocks the security logs.  All a bit weird being on a local IP.

I've never had a problem with ublock origin so it escaped my mind.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi ddtalk,

Glad to hear that you've found out the cause of the problem, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris