would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HG633 power supply dead - online service agent no help

9 REPLIES 9
wibblemonster
Conversation Starter

Hoping the mods can help. 

Our HG633 power supply gave up yesterday. I've been able to confirm its the PSU after borrowing a neighbours.

Logged the fault via online chat explaing that the line was fine and traced the problem to a dead PSU but they insited on doing a line check and sending an engineer out.

Engineer has just left and confirmed the line is perfect and the fault is with the router.

Went back to online chat and they are saying they wont replace the router or even the PSU because the line is fine and said I'll need to purchase a new router or PSU myself !?

When I asked why I should have replace, at my own cost, equipment supplied by talktalk the service agent then insisted they would have to send an engineer out to do a line test. They clearly weren't reading what I was typing, or the existing fault report, or they would have seen that the enginer had literally just been and performed a line test.

So I'm now left with a borrowed power supply that I'll have to give back and just going around in circles getting nowhere.

Mods, please help...

ferguson
Community Star

Sorry to hear about this and the response you have had so far. I have flagged this up to the support team for you, I am pretty sure they will oblige.

wibblemonster
Conversation Starter
Thank you
Community Team

Hi wibblemonster,

I've ordered a replacement router, if should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks

Chris

wibblemonster
Conversation Starter
Thank you Chris.
Community Team
wibblemonster
Conversation Starter

Chris. Sorry to trouble you but can you check of the replacement router was dispatched as it's still a no-show after a couple of weeks. No card or anything out through the door either to say we missed the post or courier.

Community Team

Hi

The original router order was rejected.  I've placed another order now, post back tomorrow so we can confirm dispatch and check for a tracking number.

Thanks

Karl. 

wibblemonster
Conversation Starter

Thank you to all the mods who helped sort out a replacement router for me.

Excellent service and intervention on behalf of customers as always...

Cheers

Community Team