Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HG633 update

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Philosopher

Hi I have just acquired HG 633 router and wish to use it as  WiFi extender  using a HG635 as the main router,but before I even try to set it up I need to update the 633 to latest version can you explain what needs to be done for me to do this please

Highlighted
Philosopher

The only way to get a firmware update for a TT router is to have it connected to your incoming line.

For all that follows, I am assuming the 633 was supplied by TT.

Replace you 635 with the 633 and perform a factory reset.

Check the firmware version.

I am not sure as to the latest firmware version, but the "search" function on here will no doubt find it !

Once connected the firmware should update automatically, you cannot force it to happen.

If it fails to do so, come back here and request that an OCE schedules an update.

Martin
Philosopher

Thanks for  input, although TT did not directly supply me with the 633 it is one of theirs, I shall do as you say and await the outcome 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Latest firmware for the HG633 is V2.00t

If not updated, connect the router directly and post back and we can push the firmware to you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Philosopher

Thanks Karl,booted it up this morning and it's showing Version 2.00t so it is up to date,all I need now is a Dummies guide to use it as a WiFi extender,I have looked it up and it starts to go over my  head two lines in lol

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Excellent, thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE