Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HG635 WiFi frequently dropping out

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

Over the past few months, I have been having frequent WiFi dropouts with an HG635 router. The router frequently stops broadcasting both on 2.4GHz and 5 GHz signals, this happens for a few minutes at a time, Wired connections are not affected when this happens.  I have used a WiFi analyser and there are no interferers within range.

Product type:
HG635
Hardware version:
G.1.01
Software version:
v1.14t

Once it happens i have to power cycle the router if not it keeps happening.

This has become more of an issue since working from home.  Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated 🙂 
Highlighted
Community Star

When you used the WiFi analyser, was it when the problem occurred?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
First Timer
No it is not when using the WiFi analyser it just disconnects randomly.
Highlighted
Community Star

You misunderstand me, I know the WiFi analyser won't cause the WiFi to go down. What I meant was, whilst the WiFi is down, have you checked it with the analyser at that moment in case other networks are present at that precise point that overshadow yours?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
First Timer
Nearest interferer is 30dB down and on different channel.
Highlighted
Community Star

Without seeing a screenshot this is very difficult. What channel are you & what channel is the interfere on. What bandwidth are both of them using?

Keith