cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Have spent hours on chat , open reach eng inside & out ,new router & still have a speed problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I joined talk talk 2 months ago & really wish I hadn't.had a problem maybe 5 weeks ago.slow speed and after help via chat speed increased.now 2 weeks ago I started having probs again.27 when I am on speed boost fibre on chat & arranged open reach.he came & despite saying he would come in too check he left & reported  noprob.it  on it was still the same. Back on chat they booked engineer for inside.he checked modem.70 going into modem 20 coming out.he rang talk talk.new modem to be sent out.speed increased next day before new modem arrived.changed modem anyway.signal from modem as measured with wifi analyser app same.neighbours signal same.speed has dropped every day since.on 22 download & 7.5 up all day today.wifi & wired.I really don't want to go through all this again.with chat I needed to chat on mobile to allow checking.I am running out of data & it is really hard work as I am over 70.Sorry but I wonder if my speed is being throttled.wish I had stayed with sky.Help please.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Getting worse online chat are going down open reach route again.speeds now worse.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Krazyk,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Line test is passing and your router is in sync at 60Mbps - are your throughput speeds still low?

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Sorry I didnt reply .Problem was solved.Speed has dropped gradually after a month & had to start the whole process again. So frustrating. Exactly same result. Open reach engineer was fantastic. All tests perfect, Speed fastly improved while he was here. Isnt it strange and getting to be a bit of a habit which is causing an old lady with heart & bp problems too much stress . The worst choice I ever made & can only advise no one to even consider TT. Who can I make a formal complaint to.