Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Health Check - Your Broadband Connection Could Be Improved

19 REPLIES 19
craneboy75
Team Player

Having run health check I am getting below result.

Must say my connection is pretty rubbish these days and I’m disappointed with TalkTalk.

Can anyone look into this please as talking to TalkTalk over the phone is a nightmare.B05D3E40-E46D-4CA1-863A-75DB89D6F732.png

Thank you 

Community Team

Hi craneboy75,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Just to confirm, is the voice service ok with no noise on the line?

What speeds were you originally receiving? Does your master socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

craneboy75
Team Player

Thanks for reply, I’m currently at work so not at home but not aware of any noise on the line, my router is on an extension in the loft next to cctv unit, also there is no power socket beside our main bt open reach socket so it would be difficult to position router there, thoughts?

craneboy75
Team Player

Forgot to add speed averages around 13Mbps but severely drops late evening, when we first moved our services across to this house a couple of years ago stability seemed better even on extension socket, a few months back you did arrange for a new router but can’t say this has made any improvement 

Community Team

Hi craneboy75,

Thanks for the update. Did you have a chance to test the voice service since your last post?

Thanks

craneboy75
Team Player

Voice seems fine when I pick up phone, no interference 

Community Team

Hi craneboy75,

We really need to test with the router connected to the test socket if at all possible. How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to the router and a phone?

Chris

craneboy75
Team Player

Apologies for the delay in replying, I have now managed to plug router into test socket and do Speedtest and it seems to be no different. 

Community Team

Hi craneboy75,

Just to confirm, how long has the router been connected to the test socket for as it can take between 24-48hrs for DLM to start making changes to the sync speed if the connection remains stable?

Thanks

craneboy75
Team Player

Must admit didn’t test for long as main phone (test socket) has no power socket beside so have to use extension lead across hallway - not ideal. I thought only reason to use test socket was to rule out any dodgy phone line wiring within house, as I said it made no difference in speed which is still only around 12 Mbps when understand I should be expecting double this with faster fibre? 

Community Team

Hi craneboy75,

Thanks for the update. There wouldn't have been an immediate increase in sync speed as DLM would need time to make changes to the speed. Your throughput speed does look low based on the current sync speed. Could you try switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retest the speed again please?

Thanks

craneboy75
Team Player

The router has been switched of many a time for over 30mins in the last year but this makes no difference 

Community Team

Hi craneboy75,

Ok, have you ever tested with a different router? If not then please let us know and we can arrange to send a replacement router for testing purposes.

Thanks

craneboy75
Team Player

you sent a new router a while back which was supposed to overcome issues with old router, not sure this new one is any better overall and have certainly never had speeds I am supposed to be getting, when I log into TalkTalk it’s you that is saying my

line is not what it should be ....

craneboy75
Team Player

Also what is the new is it super router? Could I get one of them? I would be happy

to renew my contract again but only if I know it is going to work as it should ...

Community Team

Hi @craneboy75

Ive ordered a different router. 

Should be with you in a few days. 

Let us know how it goes.

craneboy75
Team Player

Thank you, will do !

Community Team

Hi

Post back when this arrives and is in place and we can pick this back up for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

craneboy75
Team Player

17136C14-C69C-4D68-BE49-2895F55471D6.jpeg

Hi again, I installed the new router on Saturday morning and does seem better, now getting around 20Mbps compared to old 12Mbps but when I run TalkTalk online check still getting warnings as per attached photo, does it need time to stabilise and will firmware update on its own? ....

Community Team

Hi

It can take a little time for things to stabilise now the new router is in place.

Keep an eye on the connection as you use it and see if there are any speed or stability issues.

Thanks

Karl.