Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Health Check - Your Broadband Connection Could Be Improved

6 REPLIES 6
craneboy75
Participant

Having run health check I am getting below result.

Must say my connection is pretty rubbish these days and I’m disappointed with TalkTalk.

Can anyone look into this please as talking to TalkTalk over the phone is a nightmare.B05D3E40-E46D-4CA1-863A-75DB89D6F732.png

Thank you 

Community Team

Hi craneboy75,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Just to confirm, is the voice service ok with no noise on the line?

What speeds were you originally receiving? Does your master socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

craneboy75
Participant

Thanks for reply, I’m currently at work so not at home but not aware of any noise on the line, my router is on an extension in the loft next to cctv unit, also there is no power socket beside our main bt open reach socket so it would be difficult to position router there, thoughts?

craneboy75
Participant

Forgot to add speed averages around 13Mbps but severely drops late evening, when we first moved our services across to this house a couple of years ago stability seemed better even on extension socket, a few months back you did arrange for a new router but can’t say this has made any improvement 

Community Team

Hi craneboy75,

Thanks for the update. Did you have a chance to test the voice service since your last post?

Thanks

craneboy75
Participant

Voice seems fine when I pick up phone, no interference 

Community Team

Hi craneboy75,

We really need to test with the router connected to the test socket if at all possible. How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to the router and a phone?

Chris