cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Help!! Faster fibre so slow that i can't teach pupils online.

5 REPLIES 5
Popular Poster

Hi, 

I joined talk talk a few weeks ago because I knew that I'd be teaching from home due to Coronavirus, so needed faster speeds. I signed up for faster fibre. For the first few days I was having 30+mps (not as fast as promised but I'm not a complainer), but since then it's been around 2mps. 

I've tried ringing numerous times, reporting a fault, texting the help number, tweeted and live chat, all to no avail. I've had to cancel science lessons, meetings etc and I genuinely can't go on as things are. I've literally had reasonable internet for 2/3 days since joining. Please help.

Thanks, Gareth

Community Star

It can take a few days for TT staff to reach new threads,  @GarethPreece .

To speed things up a little please complete your community forum profile details.  This will enable them to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; save any changes. 

Give staff time to reply before posting further,  to keep your thread moving forward in the workflow. 

Gliwmaeden2
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Debbie this is the topic that I started, that I was referring to. Thank you in advance for your help.

Gareth

Popular Poster

Just a quick update to say it's taking me up to 20-25 minutes to get on this web page every day (internet so slow), I still can't teach any science lessons to my pupils from my house after nearly 2 weeks.

On live chat yesterday a gentleman said my faster fibre was cancelled by someone so I've no idea how I'm even online!!

No one seems to know what's going on and I'm being passed around. HELP!!!

Popular Poster

Further update.

Spoken to another few people on live chat, one gentleman saying I'd be high priority and receive a call within 24 hours. 48 hours later and still no call. I still can't teach any pupils online and still no reply on this forum. Unable to teach for over 2 weeks now.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Gareth,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks ok. Have you tried switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then tested the speeds again as this will reset the current session? Are you also connected wired or wireless when you experience the slow speeds?

Thanks